Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

You Are Loved


Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation for House of Cards!  This month's inspiration picture is:

with the optional theme of "Love." 

It's a perfect challenge to get your Valentine projects started!  In January, I was lucky enough to get the My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts.  I totally fell in love with all the flowers and sentiments and I've been creating with the kit since I got it.  Here is one of my creations:


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Hero Arts Kit of the Month, My Monthly Hero January 2017 (sold out)
Hero Arts Ink in Soft Pink, Bubble Gum, Strawberry, Mint Julep & Tide Pool
Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry & Candied Apple
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Distress Marker in Spun Sugar
Patterned Paper from my Stash
Corner Punch
Clear Wink of Stella 

I went crazy making those adorable flowers and leaves.  Reminds me of the Two Step Stampin' from Stampin' Up! way back when I was a demonstrator for that company.  It is MUCH easier now, using clear stamps and the MISTI.  I was making three and four flowers at a time.  I really enjoyed messing around with all the color combinations. You will be seeing these flowers many more times - I have a bunch of them all ready to go!  Deciding what container to put them in was the hardest part of this card.  I dug through my stash and found a scrap of really old paper from Somerset Studio magazine. It's difficult to see the subtle pattern, but it's got some pinks and whites in it. I stamped the flower wrap in Bubble Gum ink and then die cut it.  I colored the bow using a Distress Marker in Spun Sugar.  

Then, I set about using some of my flowers and leaves.  I would position everything and then go look for a pink paper to match the roses so when I came back to the bouquet again I would either love it or start over.  For me,  when I'm
Just Another Look

undecided about something, I like to leave it and go back to it later.  I found a nice pink paper in my stash, trimmed it down and used an old corner punch to notch the corners.  


I went back to my MISTI and stamped the sentiment in Strawberry at the bottom of the pink paper so my bouquet would be above it.  I glued the wrap for the flowers down first, then all the flowers and leaves got attached.  I swiped the Wink of Stella pen over the flowers and around the sentiment (in fact, if you look close you can see the Wink of Stella around "You are Loved").  I had so much fun playing with this kit that I subscribed to the My Monthly Hero Kit.  Now I'll get one every month.  

I hope you will join us at House of Cards, you have ALL month to join and play, and be sure to check back each Tuesday for some more inspiration from the Design Team.  Thanks so much!  Christi


A special shout out to my good friend Nana Connie - she's a gem! Pop over and check out her blog (just click on her name).

I am entering my You Are Loved card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love
Frilly & Funkie - Be My Valentine
Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - (M) Make Something With a New Product
Darnell's NBUS #10 - Anything Goes or Theme (The Hero Arts Kit is my NBUS item - this is the first project I used it for)

23 comments:

  1. I love it. I'm a sucker for those kind of roses. I keep trying to watercolor them from scratch. Since I broke down and bought the set too, I think I might do that. We'll be in Cabo for Valentine's Day.....oh so romantic.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and i love Nana Connie's page. She must be a wonderful personal. Did you see all the cats??? Love it!

      Delete
    2. Cabo!?!?! Color me jealous!!! I know I'll be water coloring the stamps in this set - the flowers are SO cool!! And Nana Connie is of course a fabulous cat person, as well as a very talented cardmaker. I suggest you keep watching her page! (she also helped me with this post!) Can't wait to see Cabo pictures!! Enjoy, you certainly have needed a vacation <3

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card, beautiful colours and I love the decorative corners.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy!! I have loved those corner punches for years!

      Delete
  3. Hi Christi, thank you so much for joining in our Be My Valentine? challenge over at Frilly and Funkie! We are delighted to have your sweet Valentine card in our challenge entries. Your flower bouquet is the perfect Valentine with it's lovely reds and pinks. And I love that your sentiment is so perfectly placed - I love my MISTI for perfect stamping too! Thanks again for playing with us!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Linda for having such fabulous challenges, generous giveaways and fantastic products - I'm always happy to play (and shop!!) at Funky Junkie Boutique <3

      Delete
  4. What a great kit, Christi. Loving the flowers and leaves! I do remember SU's double stamping. :-D Wonderful corner punch. Makes such a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Nana Connie - did you see the love you got from Janine (a few posts up) - you are such an amazing help to me. . .can't thank you enough.

      Delete
  5. Nice card. I really enjoy to be back and working in the team again. Take care.

    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Merethe I will have to go and see what you've created and subscribe to your blog - nice to meet you Teamie!!

      Delete
  6. Super sweet, Christi! I adore the beautiful bouquet you created--and the colors are wonderful! Fabulous card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mynn - you are so sweet & kind and I thank YOU for letting me play with these amazing artists - my teamies :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely card! Love the pretty flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's clear you had so much fun with this kit, Christi! It's lovely to hear the enthusiasm in your words and, no wonder, your creation is superb!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet valentine! Lovely bouquet of flowers! Glad you joined us at the Frilly and Funkie Be My Valentine Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty Valentine card, Christi! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christi, this is so pretty! I love the sweet little flowers and the great color combination!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your card, Christi! It's so bright and fresh and reminds me of spring!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)