Followers

Monday, February 6, 2017

A good day has both COFFEE and YOU!

I just recently started drinking coffee again. I stopped years ago due to some stomach issues and found that English Breakfast tea was delicious and didn't give me ulcers. Granted it wasn't only the coffee that gave my ulcers, but I successfully got rid of everything that was causing them <wink>.  That was years ago and since my honey drinks coffee I began drinking it again.  I try to limit myself to one cup a day (unless I'm going out with my sister - then an ice cold, sweet, coffee drink is a must) and I still crave Dunkin' Donuts over Starbucks (Dunkin' Donuts are far and few between out here in Colorado.)  I felt that this adorable card could be given to anyone with whom that you enjoy a cup of coffee.


What I Used to Make my Card:
Kraft Card Base
StampCouture Small Cup with Foam Heart (Brand New)
Sentiment from STAMPlorations Literary Caffeine-Ations (Big Grins by Becca Cruger) (First Time Using the Set)
Brown Card (2 shades from stash)
Distress Marker in Festive Berries
Versamark Ink
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Pop Dots

My Custom Stamp
I recently needed to get a new "Stamped by Christi" stamp for the back of my cards.  My old one had finally seen enough ink and I put it to rest.  I love to support small businesses, and I found StampCouture on Etsy, to make it even more special they are practically local to me! Honestly, I had contacted - via Etsy contact - every manufacturer of custom stamps in the USA that were listed and they were the ONLY ones who got back to me!  But I am SO glad they did because I had many conversations with them about how I wanted the stamp to look and they were fabulous to work with.  While I was waiting for my custom stamp I browsed their shop and just had to pick up a few more stamps - this adorable coffee cup with the foam heart being one of them. The others are patiently waiting their chance to be used.  I highly recommend StampCouture if you ever need any custom stamps or if you are in need of some adorable little whimsical stamps. They kept in contact with me, even through the busy holiday season, where extremely helpful and the prices were very reasonable (and I get no commission from any manufacturer or company just because I link to or write about them!)

OK, now back to the card.  I used one of the coordinating brown papers from my stash and stamped the small coffee cup with Versamark ink sort of in a
Another Look at the Card
pattern, but I wasn't too careful about the placement of the cups.  Once that was finished, I trimmed the panel to fit the card (since I always use A2, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cards, I typically trim a panel to 5 1/4" x 4". If the card size or panel sizes are different, I will mention it in my post. Taking the Festive Berries Distress Marker, I chose one of the cups and colored in just the heart portion.


I then stamped the sentiment and the coffee cup onto a darker brown cardstock using the Jet Black ink. I used some thin Pop Dots to adhere the panel to the card.  Making this card brought back so many memories of when I first began stamping - the awe of watching embossing powder melt for the first time, finding amazing products like chalk, Versamark ink and the pure wonder of the entire art form.  It has inspired me to play with some of the products that were around when I first began stamping.  So, I'll be breaking out cool stuff like Shrink Plastic, Veggie Leather as well as some other "oldies but goodies" in the near future.  Is there any old product or technique that you loved to play with when you started stamping?  Please leave me a comment! Thank you SO much for sticking with me, and this post.  I'd love for you to become a follower. If you let me know in your comment that you have begun following me, I'll be sure to do the same for you.  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my "Coffee & You" card in the following challenges:
The Artistic Stamper - (M) February's Challenge - Love Hearts
STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - (M) Anything Goes w/ option of Hot Pink
STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch - (M) Stamp Retro (theme)
Simon Says Stamp, Monday Challenge - Young at Heart (too much coffee makes my heart race like when I was young and literally used to race <grin>)
Use Your Stuff - Love is in the Air (Use Hearts)
Addicted to Stamps - #141, Love
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - (M) Use Something New
DL Art Thankful Thursday, #197 - Anything Goes option of Thank You
DL Art Monthly Linky Party - (M), February, Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. Cute coffee cup stamp! Love how you incorporated it onto your card. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! No coffee?!?! The horror! I'm glad that you worked that out. This is such a sweet card and I love the highlighted red heart. Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello christi! a sweet coffee card, luv the sentiment! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool looking card! That coffee cup image is adorable and I love how you colored only one the the foam hearts on the background. Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations February Theme & Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolute cuteness! The red glitter heart is perfect

    Toni
    STAMPlorations CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice take on the Challenge Sketch. Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice card.. really like the little heart in the corner. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps, so sorry for my late comment!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
    hope to see you again in March !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)