Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Jump for Joy!

It's almost fall and I can definitely feel the difference in temperature {my favorite part} and the days are getting shorter {my least favorite part}.  Which leads me to this month's challenge at Stinkin' Inkers.   We are celebrating fall.  Our theme is "Falling Leaves" and I hope you can grab a few stamps, dies, alcohol inks, whatever, and join in the fun!



What I Used to Make my Card:
Vanilla Card Base
Brown, White, Yellow, Orange, Red and Green Cardstock
Lawn Fawn Leafy Tree Backdrop - Landscape #LF1237
Lawn Fawn Jump for Joy Stamp Set, #LF1212
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

I have to be honest - I completely forgot about my Design Team duties for this challenge.  Completely.  I've been trying to complete some of my DT duties ahead of schedule and I think I thought I'd already made a project for this challenge.  Nope.  The good news is this card was SO easy to make I threw it together in record time!

I first cut the Backdrop out of white card, then cut the tree out of brown
The Bare Tree

 card.  I attached the tree to the die cut, then attached the panel to a vanilla card just so there would be a slight color difference between the panel and the actual card.

Tons of Leaves

Cutting out the leaves was super easy.  The Backdrop set has a row of leaves that cuts out 6 at a time.  In no time I had a pile of leaves ready to be attached to my tree.  I glued the leaves around the tree, purposely leaving a bit of the branches sticking out.  

The falling leaves are meant to look like they are swirling off the tree; I suppose I could have used a stamp to drive that point home - some sort of movement stamp - but I didn't think of it until I was writing this post.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment onto the card with the help of my stamp platform.  I absolutely adore this thing and I'm so happy I made the switch from my old stamping tool.  

I hope you've had a relaxing long weekend.  I've been making Halloween cards and decor like crazy; that shouldn't come as a shock because you know Halloween is my favorite holiday and it is never too early to get your Halloween on!  I hope you get your fall stamps and colors out and join us at Stinkin' Inkers; you have NO excuse, the challenge runs the entire month. Thanks for stopping by!  Christi

PS: It's almost that time for the Cat Lovers 2018 Blog Hop - start getting your kitty makes together now so you'll be ready!


I am entering my card in the following challenges: {where did I find all these awesome challenges to enter?? At Challenges for Days!)
The Cat's Pajamas PaperArts - M, #350, Fall
Paper Smooches - M,  CAS
Scrap From Your Heart -M, Autumn Colors {see below}
Dream Valley Challenges - M, Autumn Colors
Lawn Fawnatics - 2W, #36, Mood Board {see below}
Alphabet Challenge Blog - L is for Leaves
a to z Scrapbooking - M, Clean & Simple {see below}






9 comments:

  1. I get the feeling of Fall leaves swirling around the tree. Wonderful card. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant to see you enter the Alphabet Challenge with these wonderful fall colours, love the swirling leaves Meg DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy card, Christi! Everyone remembers jumping in piles of raked leaves as a kid and that's what this evokes!! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. I sent you an email; it might have gone in your spam.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very sweet card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful! love the falling leaves!! gorgeous and so very fall! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice fall card! Love the colorful leaves falling. Thanks for joining in over at the a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fall leaves trailing off the tree. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)