Followers

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Hello Summer. . .

I realize that this really isn't the beginning of summer but when I crafted this card it was HOT and summer was in full swing!  I may not be able to use it this year but I will just put it away and use it next year!



This card was made using Kinda Cute by Patricia digital stamps, who happens to be sponsoring the Die Cut Divas' September Challenge with a theme of "Use Yellow."  

What I Used to Make my Card:
Cream Card Base
Digi Stamp by Kinda Cute by PatriciaSunflower
Authentique Meadow, 6 x 6 pad
Impression Obsession Hello Summer die, #DIE688-B
Tutti Designs Cross Stitched Nesting Rectangles, #TUTTI-410
MFT/Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips, #MFT-1123
Embossed Decorative Yellow Paper {stash}
White Card
Alcohol Ink Markers 

I am just learning how to color with alcohol ink markers - it's not something that makes me feel very confident.  Using the color yellow, digi stamps, and alcohol ink markers and I am actually surprised at how well this card came out.  Since I don't have a laser printer, my good friend Arlene {the Die Cut Divas coordinator} sent me the digi stamps for this challenge.  I wasn't sure how I was going to color the digis but since I was already out of my comfort zone, I figured I might as well use Copic markers.

I colored the five flowers using various shades of yellow and green.  Then I cut the rectangle with all the flowers out first and used the patterned paper, which I cut out using the Cross Stitched Rectangle dies, to add some interest.  I found
Another Peek
this cool yellow decorative paper in my stash and cut out another rectangle to mount the flowers.  The finishing touch on the card is the banner with Hello Summer on it, cut out in yellow card.


As I said, I am actually proud of this card! I've been collecting digi stamps for a while now, but I just can't get myself to truly use them.  That's one reason I really enjoy being on a Design Team - you are sometimes forced out of your comfy box.  I hope this inspires you to break out some yellow, be it markers, card stock, or anything your crafty mind can dream up {just please, use some die cuts!} and join us at Die Cut Divas' September Challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simply Create, Too - M, #142, Use Stitching, Real or Faux
The Paper Challenge - M, #352, Make it Bloom

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Bloomin' Flowers
Shopping Our Stash - #370, Crazy for Coloring
The Flower Challenge - M, #24, Anything Goes
Take It, Make It - M, Anything Goes



9 comments:

  1. Hi Christi, just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! Love your sunshiney flowers, and you are very brave as I have no idea how to colour with alcohol pens lol, I avoid them as much as possible and stick to watercolours and acrylics these days! Your lovely comment made me smile big time so thank you for that Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO happy Karen!! And thank YOU for stopping by :) And I am still struggling with the alcohol ink markers LOL

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful row of flowers Christi and that background paper is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Bloomin’ Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty creation. Love the flowers and stitched banner. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Bloomin' Flowers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. I love the bright flowers ...definitely makes me look forward to a summer's day. The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Shelter challenge xx- Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Good Luck! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this row of happy daisies, the colors are definitely Summer, the sentiment looks really pretty inside that stitched banner.
    Thank you for playing along with us over at SHOPPING OUR STASH and THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, we hope you play again next time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great summery card! Lovely and warm design! The yellow die cut sentiment and the sunflowers are truly eyecatching! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)