Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Shout it Out!

So fall has officially begun.  It's about 70 degrees here, but the other day I was up at Estes Park again {I know, 2 times in five days!} and there were some Aspen trees turning colors - it was amazing!  As soon as my brother puts his pictures up, I'll share them with you.  We also saw a mama elk washing her baby and a few of the moose elks doing their rut stuff - the call they make can be heard through almost the entire park!  Anyway, sorry for all the nature stuff but I am finally able to get out and see what my beautiful adopted state has to offer and it is amazing.  I made this card to reflect the colors of fall as well as be able to give to someone regardless of the occasion.




What I Used to Make my Card:
Kraft Card Base
Authentique Harvest 6" x 6" pad, #HVT028 {retired but available}
The Ton Bold Amazing Word Plate Dies
Mama Elephant Little Dog Agenda Stamps
Mama Elephant Little Dog Agenda Dies
Zig Clean Color Markers
Vanilla Card
Watercolor Paper
Orange Card
Leaves {left over from this card}
Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
Silhouette Cameo
Red Tape Adhesive
Removable Tape 

I already had the cute little dog with the megaphone colored and cut; since I first saw him, I knew I wanted to make a card that made him look as if he was using the megaphone to shout out something happy and the Bold Word Plate dies fit perfectly!  I used my Cameo to cut out some word bubbles; that took me the longest because I kept making them either too small or too big - I am horrible at measuring and if things aren't life sized I can't seen to figure out which way to go - up or down. One of my many dyslexic issues.  Directions and I have a love/hate relationship because I struggle with them so.  My mom says it isn't a car ride with me unless we turn around at least once! 

Once I fit the word bubble to the words I discovered a great way to make sure all the letters are even; once the letters are cut, carefully put them back into the die.  Use removable tape and tape them together the "wrong" way {as they are in the die, looking up at you}.  Pull the letters out of the die and tape them with removable tape on the "right" side, removing the tape you put on the wrong side.  Use a strong adhesive {I found red tape adhesive is worth the
Another Look
trouble of cutting out those itty bitty, teeny tiny, pieces} and attach them where you want them.  Once they are dry, or adhered, carefully remove the tape that is on top of the letters and viola! - you have straight letters!  I'm sure using a ruler would be faster, but it seems that every time I make a pencil mark on my projects I can't get it off completely.  And I have using the tape down pat so it's easy for me.  I used orange card for the word "you're" and patterned card for the "fabulous."


The words were attached to the bubble and I attached the bubble to another piece of patterned card, placed my little shouting dog, and adhered him and the leaves.  Lastly, the panel was put onto the Kraft card base and I was done.  This card came out exactly as I envisioned it! I just can't get enough of the Bold Word Plate dies and have a few other projects in the works using them.  I want to thank you SO much for visiting. I appreciate each and every visit and comment.  Without your encouragement, I'd never have tried blogging.  Thanks so very much! Christi

I am entering my Shout it Out! Card in the following challenges:
City Crafter - #431, Pet Company
Die Cuttin Divas - #388, Fall Colors
Cards in Envy - Feels Like Fall, Entry #2
Make My Monday - #80, Autumn/Fall Colors, Entry #2
Dragonfly Journeys - #127, Fall Colors, Entry #2
Sweet Stampin' - Dies and/or Punches
Crafty Friends Challenge - #93, Fall Colors
Sunny Day Crafting - Anything Goes w/ an Animal, Entry #2
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #18, Anything Goes w/ an Animal
That's Crafty! - Forever Autumn 
Cardz for Galz - #80, Thoughts of Fall

14 comments:

  1. So CUTE!!! I LOVE the colors and that adorable little dog! Perfect Fall Themed Card! And it sounds exciting going out and seeing all of what nature has to offer... I use to live near a beautiful mountain and we had Deer in our yard daily, along with Skunks! LOL We would see wild Turkeys and other wonderful critters... I certainly do miss seeing them... but I don't miss the terrible Snow we had! LOL I think a hiking trip is enough for me to enjoy Fall and all of natures wonders! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin Diva's this week! Have a wonderful Day! :)

    Theresa (DCD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Christi, this is adorable and "FABULOUS"!! :-D Darling little dog and I love how you made him 'shout out' his compliment. Now, time for my DT hat - Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at 2 Craft Critter Crazies this month and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous fall card, I love the colorful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Christi, I love the decorative letters. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for joining us at That's Crafty! for our monthly blog challenge.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little dog is so cute and what a great idea to make such a BIG shout out from him! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that's such fun! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us for our 'Dies and Punches' challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Come back and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous way to let a friend know they are awesome, really gets the message across! Fab card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christi! I love that sweet little dog and the beautiful and the great fall leaf sentiment. Thanks so much for joining my Fall Festival of Colors blog challenge. A winner will be chosen tonight ~ Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet card with a wonderful positive sentiment . Thanks for joining us at That's Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card. Love the colours. Great to see you at the Make My Monday challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "autumn colours” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)