Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Create Without Limits Card ~ DCWV March Stackaholic Challenge



If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know I have a love affair with paper. All kinds of paper; handmade, printed, metallic, the new glitter paper, every kind you can think of.  I have bought many papers sold in the coordinating packets but I have to say that Die Cuts With a View (DCWV) is one of my very favorite brands of paper.  Their paper stacks contain some of the best quality paper I have ever seen sold in sets.  So this month I decided to enter the DCWV March Stackaholic Challenge for Cards (they have one for scrapbook pages, too, and I plan on entering that one, too, as soon as I can print off some photos!).  The rules are simple – as long as you use some paper from DCWV, and follow one or both of the sketches you can enter.  Here is the sketch I followed:


For those of you who aren’t familiar with DCWV papers I urge you to go to their website and take a look - just click here

What I did was I took 3 different 12" x 12" Stacks that I had and made three different cards using only the papers in the Stack.  I followed the same principal with each card; I chose a coordinating paper as a background mounted onto a plain card. Then I cut the strips out of matching paper, played with the strips until I was happy with the composition and glued them onto the card.  Each card is using different Stacks and has different embellishments on it so for simplicity’s sake I am only going to list what is special about each card. 

The first card I made using the Tie Die Stack.  Bright colors are not my typical style and this stack has some bright colors!  For me, the perfect time to enter a challenge is when you are literally challenging yourself, so here I am, challenged!

To make my “Create Without Limits” card you need the following:

  • Card base of white cardstock
  • The Tie Die Stack
  • Corner rounder punch
  • Colorbox Petal Point Ink in Pinwheel (red, yellow & orange inks)
  • Sentiment (the one I used is from Quietfire Designs)
  • Pop Dots
  • Scrap of white cardstock for the sentiment

I chose one paper to use as a background, cut it, and attached that to my white cardstock base.  When cutting the strips, I chose to use both plain and glittered parts of the paper. I originally made my strips ¾” wide, then rounded the corners, and when I started to design the card, I realized the strips were a bit too wide, so I cut them down to ½”. Since the corners were already rounded this gave the strips an interesting shape. 

I stamped my sentiment, trimmed it and attached some small scrap pieces I had to the bottom.  I used pop dots to attach the sentient and I was done.
 
This shows the dimension of the pop dotted sentiment
 
And one last view of the card
Challenges I am entering for my Create Without Limits card:
Keep It Simple - #35, Stripes 
Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes in March 
Sister Act Card Challenge - #47 Anything Goes  

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope to see you tomorrow!  You don’t want to miss my “Don’t Look Back” card ~ Blessings! Christi





3 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love their papers too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card :)

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stripes! So glad you joined in the fun @ Keep It Simple :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)