Followers

Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Little Fruity Fun


I got the inspiration for making this card from doing my Tuesday list at Challenges for Days.  For those who aren’t familiar with Challenges for Days it's a blog that lists challenges you can enter and my day is Tuesday.  Volunteering at the blog has really inspired me and I work with a fabulous crew of people.  If you think you may be able to spare an hour or so (usually less) please see the blog for details on how you can help us expand and get inspired as well. 
My Fruity Fun Card

I typically do a list detailing the items I used to make a project, but this one is self-explanatory, so I am just going to talk about the card.  I had gotten the very first Sizzix that came out on the market. The old machine was SO heavy (I still have it after all these years!) and could do nothing but make die
Close Up of the Die Cuts
cuts but the idea that you could actually cut out your own shapes was SO exciting! One of the dies that came with the machine was a little one called simply “Fruits” (and they don’t make the old Sizzix machine or this die anymore; they must be at least 15 years old).  I used the “Fruit” die to cut out my apples, pears and grapes, but I used my Big Shot to do the cutting.  I also used various punches, some small circles to make cherries and plums, as well as a few different leaf punches.  Piecing together the fruit was so fun; I used nothing but scrap cardstock on this entire card since the fruit is tiny.

 
Pic of LCS103 cropped

I also used one of my very favorite Wendy Vecchi stamp sets called “Heirloom Art”, LSC103, for the sentiment.  Again, I just used a coordinating scrap of cardstock and stamped the sentiment on it using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, I left the inside blank so I could use the card for any number of occasions. I chose this sentiment because I felt the whimsical font Wendy used on it was perfect for this card – after all, how serious can it be with all these cute little cardstock fruits on it?  So there you have it.  A fruity fun little card to brighten someone’s day!  Thanks for stopping by and please don’t forget to subscribe to Challenges for Days for your daily dose of challenging inspiration ~ Christi
Another picture of the card.  I think this one has truer color than the top one.

**You can find the Heirloom Art stamp set online.  To see the set in its entirety, go to Stampers Anonymous, choose the first "drawer", scroll down using the side menu, go to Spring 2013 releases under Studio490/Wendy Vecchi, then to page 5.  I had to crop the image of the set significantly so it would fit.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Stuck On U Sketches - Die Cut Food/Drink
The Crafting Cafe - Feeling Fruity
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Mid Summer Challenge
The Crazy Challenge - Die Cuts and Punches
Shopping Our Stash - #161, Eat 5 a Day (fruits and/or veggies)
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Fruits & Veg
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Word Art Wednesday - #142, Use Uplifting Sentiment

Thanks for stopping by & I would love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)