Followers

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Craft Room Challenge Blog - Wedding or Anniversary Card


I had a completely different card all set up for today, but it seems my computer has lost the files! I love it when that happens – NOT.  Anyway, I whipped up this wedding card to make up for it. Better late than never! Please pop over to the Craft-Room Challenge, get inspired and enter your own card or project! I hope you enjoy it!




What I Used to Make this Card:
Birds Cut file of Wedding Cake & Stand (cut on my Silhouette CAMEO)

Square Card Base 5 ¼ x 5 ¼ in White

3 papers in different shades of white (classic white, light Kraft & antique (or vanilla) white)

Decorative piece of Chipboard (mine is Basic Grey)

Love by Definition – SU! Background Stamp

Love Stamp (unknown manufacturer)

Distress Ink in Antique Linen & Brushed Corduroy



The stamped background
I began by stamping the “Love by Definition” stamp on the center of the card using the Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I didn’t want the background of the card to be white along with everything else, so I thought this gave it a little oomph.





Ribbon Flowers
Then I set about cutting out the cut file from Bird.  I searched her site for the actual cut file but had no luck in finding it. But, if your heart is set on using this cut file, I am sure she'd be able to find it for you!  I divided the cake and the stand; using the plain white cardstock I cut out the stand, then I used a light Kraft color for the cake base, and finally vanilla (antique white) for the top pieces of the cake.  I assembled the cake (although I suspect I may have done it wrong) and then cut some ribbon flowers off the ribbon. I adhered the ribbon flowers with glue and set the cake aside.



I stamped the word “love” on plain white cardstock with the Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I chose a piece of chipboard that would both fit the word and on the card; inked all around the edge with the Brushed Corduroy Ink, trimmed the work and attached it to the chipboard.



Finally, I glued the cake to the card base and the chipboard as well.  It really only took me about a half an hour, and it came out looking like it took much longer, I think.  It’s amazing what you can do when you are pressed for time!  Thanks for stopping by! Christi

There is plenty of time for you to enter this challenge at the Craft-Room Challenge blog - you have 2 whole weeks!!

I am entering my Wedding Cake Card in the following Challenges:
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Anything Goes
Pile it On - #27, Add Some Flowers
Sister Act - #64, Anything Goes
Creative Moments - #46, Anything Goes, Twist = Celebration
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges - #185, Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Challenges - Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)