Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Bear Hug

I went on bit of a shopping spree and picked up a bunch of stamp sets that I've had on my wish list forever.  This adorable set from My Favorite Things is one of the sets I got; after all, I can't just use cats in everything, can I? {Just don't tell the cats that I had a choice and used bears, deal?}



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
My Favorite Things BB Bitty Bear Stamps
Die-Namics BB Bitty Bear Dies
Watercolor Paper
Clean Color Markers
Frame Die {unbranded}
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Kraft Paper Background
White Card
Detail Water Brush {my new favorite is this one from Pentel}
MISTI

First step for making this card was to cut the frame die, which I did out of white card, and make sure the little bears fit into the squares.  Once I knew they would, I chose a bunch of the different bears I knew I wanted to use in my card and stamped them onto watercolor paper.  I colored them using the Clean Color Markers and a detail watercolor brush, trying to give each bear his {or her} unique color, which isn't as easy as it sounds given there are only 4 true brown markers in my set.  I am lucky enough to have the Clean Color set of 36 but I am asking for the 90 color set for my birthday {I'll settle for the 80 color set, but I figure I might as well go large.  I've been watching too many "American Pickers" episodes!} *I did get the 90 Marker Set - Woo Hoo! Getting old has its perks! 

I digress.  I colored my bears and any extras they may have been holding, let them dry, and cut them out.  The frame die I used is an unbranded die that has
Another Peek
the 9 squares and a larger square at the bottom.  I just cut off that bottom piece.  Then I decided I needed a background color so that my frame wouldn't blend into the white card base.  I just happened to have a piece of Kraft brown on the desk so I trimmed it and attached it to the card base, dotting each corner with glue so I could tuck the little bears into the frame if they were a bit too large to sit in the square.  I proceeded to fiddle with the bears to find the right design, and tucked and glued them into place.  Using my MISTI, I stamped the middle square with the sentiment, and that was that.


I have a feeling these little critters are going to find their way into many more creations.  I already have a holiday card rolling about in my head.  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and perhaps this will inspire you to use some of your new goodies that you haven't used yet.  Thanks for reading and stopping by! Christi 

I am entering my Bear Hug card in the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges -#184, Animals
Quick Quotes - #90, Add Any Animal
Little Red Wagon - Lions, Tigers and Bears!!
That's Crafty! - Animals
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - M, Anything Goes with a Critter (or 8)
Sunny Day Crafting - M, Anything Goes with an Animal
Cute N Crafty Challenge - M, #7, Animals

8 comments:

  1. love this card!
    those stamps are on my wish list!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely perfect entry for our challenge this week. Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and design. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and I love how you have used the teddy to show off your card. thank you for sharing at 2CCC. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the cute bear stamps. Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute and great job coloring all those bears. very sweet card! thank you for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at our Animal Magic challenge over at That's Crafty!
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)