Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Lawn Fawn Coffee, Tea and Treats

Hi everyone! When I saw the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Coffee, Tea & Treats, I knew I had to play along.  See, the very first Lawn Fawn stamp and die set I purchased was Love You a Latte; I bought it solely due to the coffee cups and truly didn't give it another thought.  I've since become totally addicted to the adorable little critters and the amazingly creative interactive cards that they produce.  In fact, I think I have more Lawn Fawn product than any other company!  

What I Used to Make my Card:
Kraft Card Base
Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte Stamps, #LF704
Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte Dies, #LF705
VersaMark Ink
Light and Dark Brown Card
Die-Namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
Zig Clean Color Markers
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

The purchasing of the Lawn Fawn products shows my growth as a stamper to me.  In the beginning I was very artsy, nothing but Acey Duecy {now owned by StampDiva.com}, A Stamp in the Hand, MadRat Rubber, Zettiology, Magenta and so many other small companies {you can find many of the type of eclectic stamps I played with, and quite a few of the smaller, out of business companies at Stampfrancisco}.  I remember {and still have} Tim Holtz' first stamp release through a Big Box store {can't recall if it was Joanne's or Michael's}, long before he was designing for Ranger and Stamper's Anonymous.  I was a non-cute stamper.  Slowly, these companies began to pop up and the images weren't as weird.  I know that Tim Holtz'  Bird Crazy, Crazy Cats, and Crazy Dogs enabled me to spread my wings and actually work on some really
Another Look
cute images.  Now, here I am - waiting with bated breath for each new release from so many cute companies.  If I didn't have the wood mounted stamps to prove how eclectic I was, you'd never believe me.  Which brings me back to my card.  As I said, this was the very first Lawn Fawn set I ever owned; I mixed old with the new to construct this card.


First thing I did was choose a dark brown card and stamped the coffee beans all over it with VersaMark ink for my background paper.  I mounted that onto a lighter brown card and finally onto a kraft card.  All of the stamping is done in black ink; I cut the sentiment out using Wonky Stitched Circle die.  The cup is colored red, leaning toward the winter holidays; the hot cocoa is brown so the little marshmallows peek out.  The plate is just white card.

I adhered the plate and the cup first, then the sentiment, and I was done.  It seems like such a beautifully simple card considering the stamps history!  I hope my post encourages you to spread your creative wings a bit; in fact, I just might get out some of those old funky images and play around a bit! Thanks for popping in, Christi
PS: I think this just might count as my first holiday card of 2018!


I am entering my Warm Wishes card in the following challenges:
LawnFawnatics - #35, Coffee, Tea & Treats
Everybody Art Challenge - #430, Stamp
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Food and/or Drink 
Addicted to Stamps & More - #306, Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - #147, Make it CAS
Cardz for Galz - #78, Use Dies and/or Punches
Alphabet Challenge Blog - K is for Kraft card
Jo's Scrap Shack - #248, Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. This was one of my first LF sets, and I love it! Your card is awesome....love the coffee beans in the background and then pretty shading on the cup!
    Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kraft and brown look great together, smashing coffee bean paper Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great way to use Kraft cardstock! I love your stroll down stamping memory lane. I believe that we all eventually end up where we never thought we'd go at the beginning - whatever that may be. From CAS to shabby chic, it's all great, in my opinion! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope we see your next creation with us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back again and still loving this cute coffee card! Thank you for playing with my challenge at Cardz 4 Gals and hope you can play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! What a fun and fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing in our Alphabet Challenge! Good Luck and please come back next month!

    Darlene
    Alphabet Challenge DT
    ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Christi! I love the coffee bean background you've created, it's so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card ... this is still one of my fave LF sets ... and i can't wait to get my hands on the latest coffee themed set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fantastic! LOVE the pop of color with the coffee cup! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love warm coffee been background and wonderful sentiment. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)