Followers

Friday, March 15, 2019

Die Cut Divas and Morgan's Artworld

Hello, crafty peeps!!  How is the month of March going for you?  We just had a MAJOR storm here in Colorado with winds up to 70 mph; some places it reached over 100!!  I hope you are getting some signs of spring where you are and, if you are in the path of the storm, get ready!  Enough weather related stuff.  Here is my card using a Morgan's Artworld digi.  Goodness do they have beautiful stamps, but I knew there was NO way I could do them justice!  Hope you like the card!


What I Used to Make my Card:
Yellow Top Fold Card
Skinny Orange Yellow Washi Tape {manufacturer unknown}
Morgan's Artworld Sunflower Image {join the FB group to purchase}
Frantic Stamper Elementals #11, Bracket Coved Label, #FRA-DIE-09468
Prismacolor Pencils
Pebbles Family Ties Paper Pad {discontinued - available at many stores}
Strathmore Bristol Paper, Series 300
Gamasol {sometimes referred to as Gamsol, readily available}
Blender Stumps {I got mine through Amazon, but readily available}

I had the image of the sunflower printed on Bristol paper and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils, blended with Gamasol using blender stumps and generally putzed around with it until I was satisfied with how the sunflower looked.  I die
Another Peek
cut yellow paper and patterned paper using the Frantic Stamper die.  I noticed the card base itself, which is really old, was sort of cracking at the top, like they sometimes do when the paper is old.  I had already attached everything to it and I like the summery yellow so I thought of a way to "save" it.  I have a pretty good collection of washi tape {that I rarely use} and I found a skinny, orangey-colored tape so I edged the entire card with that.  


So, there is my card; I hope it brings a little spring cheer to you!  You still have a while to enter the challenge at Die Cut Divas "Anything Goes" Challenge for March.  We'd LOVE to see what you have created so please be sure to enter!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my sunflower card in the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge -  Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - #88, Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - M, Anything Goes
The Rainbow Card Challenge - M, Yummy Yellow
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge - Anything Colored Goes
Creative Friday - #226, Spring is Coming!
Morgan's Artworld - M, #3, Anything Goes
The Creative Crafters - #14, Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Sweet floral card! Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, love the design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Colour Crazy! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Christi, so pleased you used a Morgan's image. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Wendy DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower. Love the card. Thank you for sharing and be the part of the challenge. All the best. DT Alka from The Creative Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I adore the image, and you’ve done it up beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Sending HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge.
    Arlene DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic design and love the color combo...thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely !
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenges
    Margo DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and springy! Hope spring is finally coming to you in Colorado. Thanks for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card! Thanks for joining us at creative friday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)