Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Hello

Hello, crafty people!  Today I am sharing a card I made using a layering color set by Hero Arts.  They have so many new sets out now with the new catalog; I'm just waiting to get my new goodies!  Have you seen the new catalog yet? You can check it out by clicking this link HERE.  For this card I used a set that's been around for a bit, read on for more information. 



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Purple Panel
White Card {panel and scrap}
Hero Arts Color Layering Nasturtium stamp set, # CM266
Hero Arts Color Layering Nasturtium die set, # DI472
Hero Arts Inks in Passion Flower, Amethyst, Mint Julep, Moss and Lavender
Hero Arts Hello Stamp & Cut set, #DC151
Dimensional Dots

For this type of set having a stamp positioner is invaluable, regardless of the type.  I used my Tim Holtz platform and stamped the flower onto white card using passion flower ink and then filled in the details using amethyst.  Then I stamped the leaves beginning with mint julep ink and detailing with moss ink.  One of the wonderful things about this particular set is you don't have to align the stamps perfectly. I can never seem to get them lined up properly, even though the stamps are clear and I use my platform.  But it sure beats when I used to stamp using Stampin' Up! two step stamping!  Those stamps were wood mounted and it was literally a hit or miss if I got them even close!  Do you have any tricks that you use when layering stamps?  I'd love to hear them!  All of the inks I've used I've gotten from the My Monthly Hero kits; I've checked out a LOT of subscription services and I think that My Monthly Hero is by far the best deal out there! {I get no compensation from saying this; I just think it's true!}

I then stamped "hello" right onto the white card panel, stamped the butterfly using lavender and amethyst inks, and cut it out.  I wasn't going to use the butterfly but I got a spot on the card that needed to be covered up and the butterfly ended up being handy!  Just to add a bit of interest, I mounted the butterfly on a dimensional dot.  Lastly, the white panel was adhered to the purple card, then the purple card was trimmed and mounted onto the white card base.  To me this card just screams spring and, since we have had more snow now than in years, I am longing for some warmer weather!  I hope you enjoyed my card and I'd love it if you'd become a follower - I am on almost every social media except YouTube {I just can't make a good video yet!} and which ever you choose, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.  Have a GREAT day. ~Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Shopping our Stash - #391, Celebrating Friendship
Unicorn Challenge - M, #41, Spring
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Feminine/Girly
Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts - M, Spring
Crazy4Challenges - #474, Flowers
CARDZ TV - #84, Anything Goes
Cut it Up! - #169, Hello Spring!
Craft Rocket Challenges - #57, Flowers
The Flower Challenge -#30, Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. I love the bold colors on your spring card. The flowers remind me of purple violets, which are the same dark color. Such a pretty card! I'm sure the butterfly is going to enjoy her visit. :)

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Spring challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Christi! loving your beautiful flowers and the colour combo you chose too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge',...gentle reminder, we only allow 6 other challenges as well as our own. Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring card! Love the flowers and that little butterfly is perfect! Definitely spring and perfect for our challenge at Cut It Up! Thanks for sharing! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh love your card, the colours, the flowers, the butterfly, just gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for celebrating friendship with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix of purple and green! Thank you for joining SSS Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I just love purple and green together and this union is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. PTSD Relief ** Super Brain Power ** | Stress Relief Tablets | Works for PTSD - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome | Chronic Pain Syndrome | Natural Anxiety & Stress Relief Capsules | 60 Capsules
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H6NMN6G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)