Followers

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Happiness Is. . . me being BACK!!!

After being absent from the crafting scene for far too long I am returning! I found a bunch of cards on my blog all written up and ready to go, so here is one of them.  Cue the applause sign!!  

Stamp sets that are extremely versatile are hard to come by.  Yes, you can typically use a set for one or two occasions, but to find one that virtually can be used for almost anything is a hard find; at least, in my experience.  Versatility is the main reason I purchased this set by Neat & Tangled.  I'd love to know what sets you have that you think are very versatile!  Hope you like my card!


What I Used to Make my Card:
Pink Card Base
White Card
Neat & Tangled Happiness stamps
Neat & Tangled Happiness dies
Pre-made Oxide Ink Background Paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Small Circle Die {manufacturer unknown}
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Petite Paper Pack, 6 x 6

Since the background was already done, this card was super fast and easy.  I try to have a bunch of background papers ready to go and I make up batches of both Oxide Ink and alcohol ink backgrounds when I have all the inks out.  I'm usually making a background for a card I have in my head and once that is finished, I let myself play a bit.  That is how this lovely background came to be; just playing.  I trimmed the background and glued it onto the pink card and set it under the stone tile to dry.  I like my cards to be as flat as possible; it doesn't
Another Peek
always work out that way, especially if I am gluing more onto the front of the card.  But that's the charm of handmade, right?!?  The tile helps keep the card from warping so much.  Do you have any tips on helping cards not to warp?  I'd love to hear them!  I know I could use tape or another dry adhesive to attach the items to the card, but I need the wet glue "time" to situate and straighten everything.  I rarely get the panel onto the card base without some fooling with it.  


I wanted this to be a happy, uplifting, card so I used rainbow paper to back the Happiness die.  Then I stamped the "is" and "having you in my life" on plain white scrap.  I used a generic circle die to cut out the "is."  I wanted it to be small, but not so small you couldn't tell what it said.  I used the tried and true fishtail sentiment strips for the final part of the wording.  Now this cheerful creation is ready to go and be mailed!  

I want to say a quick word about social media.  Are you on Instagram?  If not, you should be!  There are TONS of giveaways {I've been VERY lucky and won some amazing prizes} and inspiration that you won't find anywhere else.  In fact, lots of crafters are using only Instagram to post their creations.  I highly recommend the platform even if you never post a thing.  I guarantee you will be inspired!  If you happen to join, or already belong, let me know so I can follow you!  Thanks so much for visiting; I appreciate it more than you know!  Hope all is well for you! Fondly, Christi

PS: I am SO glad to be back!! I had no idea I had so many cards ready to be posted so stay turned, there are more!!  I hope all of you are healthy and doing well :)

I am thrilled to enter my card in the following challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft - #112, Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - March Challenge, Anything Goes
Papercraft Challenges - #56, Pastel Colors
Addicted to Stamps and More - #381, Anything Goes
Double D Challenges - Welcome Spring (and mood board)
Cardz TV - #110, Anything Goes  
Creative Friday - #251, Spring/Spring Colors            

Don't forget to check out Challenges for Days for some exciting challenges!!                 

21 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! Great background and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous background Christi! LOVE this! Welcome back!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Christi! It's so nice to see you again! You've been gone a long time and I've thought of you many times. I'm glad you are okay! Your card is gorgeous and I absolutely love your inky background! No tips for you on warping paper; mine does the same. Stay safe and healthy! This is a good time to craft! Nova Scotia is on complete lockdown - we can only leave our homes for food, medicine, or to take a walk. I'm not on social media. I should clarify that I have the accounts but I don't use them very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything is going well with you & yours - I remember before I took my "sabbatical" you were having a trying time with your husband being ill - I hope he has recovered!! It's SO nice to see some friendly faces :) We, too, in the US are not in lockdown but they are urging everyone to stay home if it is possible - everything except grocery stores is closed :) Hugs to you Kitty XX

      Delete
  4. It's so good to see you posting again, Christi! Loving the background on your card. :-D BTW, some of us (we in California) are on mandatory "stay home" orders from our governor and most are complying with it, although some only grudgingly. It makes little difference to me since I had already stayed home voluntarily for the 2 weeks prior to his orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we are all in the "lock down" :) Good to know you & yours are well :) xo

      Delete
  5. Christi!!!!! So HAPPY to see you posting. I have missed you so much in the Cat Hops and on your blog. Hope all has been well for you in the intervening time.

    I adore your gorgeous card. What a beautiful dreamy background. The rainbow paper is perfect to go with it, too.

    Like you, I also appreciate the wiggle room that liquid glue gives me and am amazed at anyone who can set a panel on straight the first time. I even put liquid glue on the surface of my foam tape to give me a chance to adjust things slightly. I generally flatten out my uneven backgrounds by rolling them between smooth sheets of paper through my Big Shot before attaching them to my card. If they need serious assistance, a tiny spritz of water on the back before rolling will help them relax and straighten out. That does a fairly good job. That's all the tips I have. :)

    Again, so nice to see you active on your blog again. Stay safe and well. Hugs to you....from a safe social isolation distance!!! Ha.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janis - that is a great idea!! Hugs to you as well :) xox

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card and background!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Christi! Your card is beautiful! I'm going to follow you on instagram too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning background! Love it!!

    Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, love the combination of colours to create the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great background! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Not Just Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW ! Love your stunning watercolour background, perfect for this beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Papercraft Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)