Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Hugs and Houseplants

 Hi everyone!

If you read my other post about the card kit I purchased from My Favorite Things then feel free to jump right on to the main card making part of this post; if you haven't, go ahead, I'll wait here. Stamping was the first craft I felt I could actually do, meaning I could make things that I felt were good enough to share with other people. Since I started stamping I have branched out into so many other crafts, stamping is my gateway craft! So, to make a card with NO stamping at all is something I am trying. Of course, it is much easier with the amazing selection of dies that are available; including these cute stand alone houseplant dies!


What I Used to Make my Card:
Cream Card Base

Die-Namics Houseplants Die Set

Die-Namics Cats & Plant Perches Die Set

Die-Namics Sending You Hugs Die

My Favorite Things Wallpaper Patterns Paper Pad

Gold Shimmer Card

Various Colors of Brown Card

Various Colors of Green Card

Scraps of Card 

After I made my first card I was a houseplant making fool. I made so many of them I even had leftovers after using them to make two cards!  But it was SO fun to just cut everything out of greens and browns and then add a pop of color using nothing but scraps!  The only thing I
used a new piece of paper for was the "hugs" sentiment and that was due to the fact that the color I liked just hadn't been used yet!.

So this card is fairly easy to figure out but I can't do a blog post without telling you how I made it, so here goes!  I started with a cream card base, trimmed down a piece of patterned paper from the pad and adhered that to the card.  Then, once I found the color I liked for the sentiment, I cut that and a small perch from it. I saved the scrap from the sentiment and used it in my next card. I placed the sentiment onto the card, (yes, the G is a tad off but, like I always say because it is handmade it isn't supposed to be perfect) and glued it down.  I then proceeded to pick and choose from the plants I already had made which ones to include on this card.  Easy peasy! I wanted to make this card feel a little more masculine while still using a heart felt sentiment and I think I made that happen!

I hope you like the card as much as I do! It reminds me that I truly don't have a style that I stick to when I am creating; I just go where the muse takes me!  

Thanks!
Christi

I am entering my Hugs and Houseplants card in the following challenges:
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog, #207 - Anything Goes
Cardz TV, #140 - Anything Goes
Just Us Girls, #583 - Layers
LTSCB, #145 - Anything Goes
LTCCB, #58 - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies
Classic Design Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Love this so much, Christi!!
    Those sets are just fab and give you so much room for creativity. I love that you used a variety of colors for the plant pots. Also the gold letters give a wonderful warm elegance.
    Thanks for sharing your fabulous art.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love how you got so many colours in. I find it really difficult to make a card without stamping too :D
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)