Followers

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sending Smiles

Hi there,

I made this card to try coloring on Kraft card with alcohol ink markers and honestly, I felt like coloring without trying to shadow or die cut.  I think this is a beautiful background stamp and perfect for this sort of technique. 


What I Used to Make my Card:
Kraft Card Base
Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers Background, #SSS102281
Simon Says Stamp Sending Smiles Die, #SSSD112179
Simon Says Stamp Fine White Embossing Powder
Alcohol Ink Markers
Vellum
Purple Shimmer Paper

This was an easy card to make; my only wish was that the white heat embossing came out cleaner but I guess when you have a bunch of animals their hair really does get everywhere!  The first step was stamping and embossing the background stamp {I love this stamp and it was about time I used it!}. Once that had cooled, I colored in the flowers and leaves with alcohol ink markers and set the card aside to explore how {and if} I was going to add a sentiment. I decided to use the sending smiles die, which I cut from purple shimmer paper and glued onto some vellum.  I trimmed the vellum into a strip and glued it onto the inside of the card so the adhesive wouldn't show.  There you have it! Despite the embossing I love the look  of this card.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my card! I hope all is well with you; I'm happy to report things are calming down from the move {I'm still not settled but I can see improvement} and looking up here at my house.  Hope to see you very soon! 

Fondly, 

Christi

I am happily entering my card in the following challenges I found at Challenges for Days :)
NBUS, #26 - Anything Goes this is New {background stamp and die are brand new!}
Sisterhood of Snarky Crafters, #186 - K is for Kraft
Cut it Up, #226 - Nature
My Time to Craft, #458 - Floral
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Flowers as the Focus {hope this counts!}
Frilly & Funkie - Anything Goes
The House that Stamps Built, #2621 - Embossing, wet or dry
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon, #603 - Say it with Flowers

 


11 comments:

  1. Hello Christi! Huge thanks for your lovely comment on my NBUS card. This card is just fabulous! The bold background and gorgeous vellum are a match made in heaven.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! From the photo the embossing looks perfect! (But I have 4 cats and a dog so I know that their hair does get everywhere!) I love how bright and bold the colors came out on the kraft! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love your background stamp and the beautiful colours, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Christi! Love the combination of coloring/white/kraft. Thanks so much for getting krafty with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering our "Flower" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with your lovely card. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! Love the background and the pretty color combo!!!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW ... I just love this Christi! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea alcohol markers could look so vibrant on kraft! This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card. The colorful flowers on kraft is joyful! Thanks so much for linking up to TSOC challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classic! Love colored kraft backgrounds. Thanks for joining the Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)