Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spring ATCs at the River of Creativity

I have done it AGAIN - this post is too early - the challenge doesn't start until tomorrow {4/5/22}!! So take the rest of today & create something for us :) I apologize for the confusion!!

Hello! Time for another challenge at River of Creativity! For challenge #12, our theme is spring as well as anything goes but a card - that's right, put away your card blanks and get inky with us!  I had planned on making something completely different than these Artist Trading Cards but nothing seemed to coalesce, so I listened to the universe and made a set of 6 ATCs instead of struggling to create something that just wasn't working! I've had a small box of scraps that I have amassed over the years {small die cuts, pieces of Dresden, punched patterns, stickers, scraps of paper, etc} and I decided to use what I had in the box to make set. I'd had the box for so long I really needed to go through all the things I had saved and figure out if I was truly ever going to use the pieces or not; so I went through the box, set aside what I really wanted to use and threw the rest away so a lot of what you see on these is from that scrap box and is almost vintage {grin - ok not really, but I have had it for a long time!}.  Enjoy!

 

I used a bunch of assorted products on these little guys, and I stuffed them full of bling! I used gems and sequin mixes from Picket Fence Studios, Dresden scraps from Alpha Stamps and many other sources, washi tape (and matching die) from Pinkfresh Studios as well from my stash, a ton of Dream Drops {I used  Indigo Eclipse, Cloud 9 and Love Potion} from Tonic Studios and many other bits and pieces, including stickers and more that are from my huge stash.  The background paper for these ATCs is from ModaScrap from the Fly and Scrap Collection, 6" x 6" paper {I could not find it on the ModaScrap site, but I did do a search and it is available}. I also used a bunch of small alphabet stickers and tiles, most from companies that aren't in business anymore, sadly.  All this stuff I've saved over the years

needs to be used so I can get new stuff! I had so much fun making these ATC's; I am finding myself using lots of bling and glitz in my work lately and I just went nuts with these. Knowing that if I really didn't like how something came out, I could just throw the paper away {I have so many blanks that I have amassed over the years, I could probably make an ATC a day for the next year!} and begin again with no harm.  Something about these little canvases is so freeing!

I was showing these to my roommate and explaining how "back in the

day" we'd make a bunch of ATCs, using the same design and bring them to stamp conventions and trade.  I think I still have a notebook full of traded ATCs. Do you remember those good old days? Hopefully, soon, we will be able to attend stamp conventions again - I miss the energy and all the cool products! Thanks for dropping in and get out your creative muse and create anything but a card and join us at the River of Creativity, optional theme of Spring - hope to see you there :) Christi

PS: To see the smaller pictures bigger, just click on them. If that doesn't work please let me know ~ Thanks!

I am entering my Spring ATCs in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Easter/Spring
Country View Challenges - Spring is Coming
We Love 2 Create - Anything Goes
Four Seasons Challenge - Spring Challenge
The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, #207 - A is for ATC 



9 comments:

  1. How fun these are! I love ATC cards but never seem to make them. Well done!
    Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!
    Glenda
    FS/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do long for the days of in person conventions and gatherings. You did a wonderful job with your scraps. These are all beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christi these are all just FABULOUS! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there! AND, I'll be in touch in regards to getting you set up to guest design for us a FS ... thanks for the interest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and very retro! Isn't it great when you hunt through a scraps box and see everything as fresh and new. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for using scraps! Sadly mine are still expanding... Lovely Spring colours of your ATCs, thanks for sharing them with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and gorgeous collection of ATC's!
    Thanks for playing along with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and our ATC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of ATC's. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our April "Spring" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Thanks for getting small with your art and the sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ATCs!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)