Followers

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Raindrop Dew Drops on a Rainy Spring Card

 I had already had the background made that I used for this card so I built off of it.  I had never used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Umbrella die, it had been sitting on my desk for inspiration for a while now and it was definitely time to put it to good use!  Since Raindrops Dew Drops are obviously the shape of raindrops, I felt the backdrop and the umbrella would all go together perfectly and create a cute, whimsical card. I hope you like the card I created:


As I said, the background was already made with some light blue and grey card along with the rainy backdrop; to give it some interest I cut it out using a fancy scalloped stackable and attached it to a white

card base.  I proceeded to cut the umbrella out of white card using a freebie paper I'd gotten for the inside of the white cut out.  I cut the handle and the tip of the umbrella out of brown card and glued it to the front over the rainy backdrop.  Included with the umbrella die are raindrop dies, I used them to cut out pastel raindrops in light blue, green, pink, yellow and light purple.  I glued clear Raindrop Dew Drops onto the colored raindrops which added some great dimension to the card!  I still had some space left so I added some more clear raindrops to various places on the card. I stamped out the sentiment and used a stitched rectangle die to trim it down then added it to the card and I was done! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Creatalicious, #233 - Anything Goes w/ Optional Spring Colors
CCEE Stampers, #2214 - Look up into the Sky
NBUS Challenge #37 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Happy Little Stamper - Anything Goes with Dies
Lawn Fawnatics, #122 - Spring Inspiration Board {see graphic}


 


6 comments:

  1. Great Job! I love the spring colors using the dew drops. Thanks for playing along at Creatalicious Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card with your colorful raindrops!! Thanks for sharing it with the CCEE Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christi! I’ve been trying to get a hold of you and haven’t heard back yet, so I thought I’d leave a message here, hoping you’ll see it. You won the most recent Flickr challenge over in the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group. Simon sent you a Flickr message, so please respond with your email address so they can send your gift card to you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)