Followers

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gltzy Gold Merry Christmas Card

My name is Christi and I am a paper hoarder.  I love beautiful papers.  I have some papers that are so lovely, I can't cut them - but, I have made a pledge to start to use some of my more beautiful papers, so this card was born.  The paper I used is Italian, I think it is supposed to be used used as gift wrap.  I can't recall where I purchased it from (it's at least 12 years old) but the detail is amazing! I tried to capture the richness of the paper the best I could.  I hope you get inspired to dig out some of your favorite papers & play a bit!  


What I Used to Make my Card:
Italian Paper
Vanilla Base Card
Ornamental Script Stamp from Penny Black, 3995F
Piece of Vellum
Piece of Mirror Gold Paper
Embossing Fluid
Vintage Gold Embossing Enamel from Globecraft & Piccolo
Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
2 Gold Brads
Sparkle Gold Tape from the Dollar Tree

You really need to click this!

While there are a lot of ingredients, this card was easy to make. First thing I did was match the gold in the Italian paper since that was my focal point.  I had also found this scrap of mirror gold cardstock (it was ALL the rage years ago) so I tossed that into the mix. The mirror gold caught the gold in the paper.    I took the vanilla base and outlined it with the Krylon Gold Leafing Pen and set it aside.  I then took the piece of vellum and stamped the Ornamental Script stamp on it in embossing fluid and embossed the saying in Vintage Gold Embossing Enamel. 
The embossed sentiment, attached to mirror gold card
I trimmed the sentiment to sit on the mirror gold cardstock and I used 2 gold brads to hold it in place.  Nice, but it needed a bit more pizazz.  So I used a piece of the Sparkle Gold tape at the very top.  Easy!!

Another view - complete with cat hair!
I have a few more cards to share with you so I'll be back soon.  I also want to wish you and yours a FANTASTIC Holiday Season! Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to pop by and read my blog - without all of your comments & encouragement this blog wouldn't exist! Blessings ~ Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Winter Inspiration 
Crafty Card Maker - #129, Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - #352, Add Some Sparkle
Red Rubber Inspirational - #151, Christmas Cheer
Creative Inspirations - #294, Christmas/New Year
Penny Black & More - December Challenge, Special Occasions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)