Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Seeing Stars at Anything But a Card

The theme this month at Anything But a Card is "Celestial" - one of my favorite themes - in fact, I suggested it! I love using the sky and stars as inspiration and, if you have been reading my blog for a while, you know how I LOVE making wall hanging with quotes.  So, here is my Celestial creation:

How I made my Project:
12 x 12 Paper Studio Chipboard Icon Square
Black Mulberry Paper, PSX
Silhouette Cameo
Saying from Silhouette Store, Designs by Kolette
Assorted Silver Star Eyelets
Light Grey Cardstock
Silver Cardstock 
Moon Image
Diamond & Stardust Stickles
Plastic Star Beads

Placement picture
 I had originally wanted the black mulberry paper to be smooth, but, there was a line down the middle from being in the package for so long (it came from my stash & I have had it for years) so I cut a piece about 14 x 14 and crinkled it up instead of trying to get the line out.  I cut the saying out of copy paper (good thing I did because a cat decided that he'd rather eat the letters than let me use them) so I could start figuring the placement of the hanging.  When I started, I didn't know what moon I was going to use, so I just used a piece of scrap paper in place of the moon to help with the placement. 

His eyes sparkle
I began setting the eyelets (I proceeded to crack the glass I had on my desk - I guess I forgot how hard you have to bang to get an eyelet to set!) and placed them in various places. I have both large silver stars and smaller ones - I chose to use both.  Keep in mind the mulberry paper is funny - it isn't like regular paper - it can be easy to tear once there is a hole.


After I printed the moon I decided to use, which I found at The Graphics Fairy, on some light grey cardstock, I cut it out by hand. I could of cut it out with my Silhouette, but I like that the moon isn't perfect.  I used Stickles to make his eyes sparkle.  I cut the saying out of silver cardstock and finalized the placement of everything.
Filled eyelets & a star bead
I thought I was done, but I didn't feel that the wall hanging had enough sparkle. 
You can see the empty eyelets
I noticed that I could see the chipboard through the eyelets, so I filled them in with Stickles - I used one "color" in the big stars and another in the small stars, but to be honest, you can't really tell - I had to add that glitz!  I was still not thrilled so I went through my bead stash and chose these really cool plastic star beads.  I glued a few of them around and I finally think it's done.






And again - I like this picture because you can see his eyes sparkle


I really love this and the saying is a favorite of mine so instead of giving this away, I am giving it to myself as a holiday gift :) I know I'll love it!! I hope you gained some inspiration & enjoyed the break from all the holiday crafts. There is still time to enter your very own celestial creation at Anything But a Card - come join in the fun! I hope you and yours have a happy, healthy, wildly wonderful holiday ~ Christi

I am entering my wall hanging in the following challenges:
Allsorts (2 weeks) - Last Minute Gifts (for ME!)

Use Your Stuff (end of Dec) - Anything Goes ~ 2nd Entry
Decorate to Celebrate - #90, Anything Goes ~ 2nd Entry
Word Art Wednesday - #163, Anything Goes 
A Little Bit Crafty (end of Dec) - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this turned out looking fantastic! Great idea to crinkle the paper and love the little moon with that fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the twinkle in his eye, looks like he's winking!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! Your kind comments are appreciated :) Hugs! Christi

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)