Followers

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Birthday Wishes for You

My very best friend is a little over a year older than I am and she is fighting aging like a spitfire!  She's trying all manner of treatments {not going to go into that, you can imagine!} to hold back the hands of time.  We are incredibly different in that aspect; I don't do anything special since I've begun to age.  I refuse to color my hair, although I'm sure it would make me look younger, no shots of chemicals in my face, no special wrinkle creams - none of that for me! This year I made a birthday card that would remind her of her {our} younger years when we both were figure skaters.  I actually had a blue skating outfit like the the girl on the card is wearing.  I also included some little trinkets that will hopefully brighten her day and remind her that getting older really isn't THAT bad.



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Brush Markers
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
MFT/Die-Namics Pure Innocence stamp, Have an Ice Day
MFT/Die-Namics Pure Innocence die, Have an Ice Day
MFT/Die-Namics Stitched Oval STAX
Lawn Fawn Bayou Backdrop, #LF1624
Metallic Blue Card
Find it Trading, Jeanine's Art, Frosty Ornaments Paper Pack, #JPP10006
Your Next Stamp, What Not Sentiments Four, #CYNS-172
Hero Arts Ink in Amethyst 

My skater was stamped on watercolor paper and colored using my Zigs.  The blades of her skates are silver gel pen just to add some sparkle.  While she was drying, I cut a panel of the background paper and attached it to the white card base.  Then I used the Bayou Backdrop's water die to make my iced-over pond which I cut from a metallic, light blue, paper.  I stamped the sentiment onto some white card, cut it out with the oval die, and then proceeded to attach all my components to the card.  I think it's really cute!  Coloring the skater was an experience; I'm trying to get used to coloring people and, while I didn't use alcohol markers, I don't think any practice can hurt!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  The Pure Innocence line of stamps and dies are just so cute and the uses for the characters are endless!  Plus, they are fairly inexpensive.  Now that you have heard all about my best friend's war against time, what do you do to try to stop the clock?  Are you an anything and everything person or like me, a nothing at all person?  I'd love to hear your comments!  Be sure to leave your info so I can stop by your blog and leave you some love!  In fact,  I'd love for you to follow me on any social media platform you choose, be it Blogger, Pinterest, or Instagram.  All the subscribing buttons can be found on the right side of my blog.  Have a wonderful day!  Christi

I am entering my Birthday Wishes for You card in the following challenges:
The Artistic Stamper - M, Anything Goes
Just for Fun - M, Use Blue & Silver
Sweet Stampers - #28, Winter/Snow
Creatalicious - #155, Anything Goes w/ Option of Winter Fun
Die Cuttin' Diva's - #403, Birthday
Stamping Sensations - Fabulously Feminine 
My Time to Craft - #388, Winter Birthday
Crafty Catz - #444, Anything Goes w/ Optional Twist of Birthdays
Cut it Up - #165, How's the Weather? {my skater is outside in the cold!}
Double D Challenges - Looking Back in Time
Bastel-Traum - #73, Stencil and/or Die

22 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories and I'm sure she will truly appreciate your creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Looking Back in Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet in the pretty colours for our 'Fabulously Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and pretty colours! Lovely card.
    Thanks for sharing with us in our Fabulously Feminine challenge at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll remember those olden days and will love that adorable card! The little skater looks so care-free! I love the purple snowflake paper that completes the scene.

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our How’s the Weather? challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet way to look back in time! It must be hard on your friend to fight the inevitable. I'm sure she'll enjoy your adorable card. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful watercolored little girl! She is SO sweet... wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I love your great coloring. Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge! We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card, I love how you colored that cute little image. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card which fits in with our challenge theme. Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab coloured image and a great card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at MTTC. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I'm envious of your skating skills. I can't skate to save my life! I haven't dyed my hair in over a year...I'm suddenly allergic at 49.75 yo! 🙄 I've learned to live with it. Your card is just adorable and I'm so glad you shared it with us at JFF Stamps! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute wintercard…. I remember skating on the lakes...it was so funny!Thank you for joining us at sweet stampers,
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creation :) Thank you for joinig in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creation :) Thank you for joinig in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo entzückend - deine Karte ist mega schön coloriert.Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der SweetStampersChallenge. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty is the image. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining at stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! Thanks for sharing it over at the bastel-traum challenge blog.
    Kerstin (bastel-traum DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional winter fun” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)