Followers

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Happy 2019 with a2z Scrapbooking!

I am still in that holiday coma as I completely forgot I needed to have a post ready for the a2z Scrapbooking's January Challenge, which is the wonderful {and easy} theme of ANYTHING GOES! Thank goodness I had already made the card and only had to write up this post.  As you can see, I was really feeling the festivities and went a bit overboard on the embellishments and the bling, but hey, it's only once a year, right? And it was SO much fun to just go a bit crazy!


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base {5" x 7"}
Grey Card
Black Card
Hero Arts Birthday Celebration, stamps, #CM123
Hero Arts Birthday Celebration, dies, #DI343
Spellbinders Filigree Numbers, #S6-141
Hero Arts Embossing Powder in Silver, Gold and Silver Sparkle
WOW! Embossing Powder in Silent Night, #WS101R
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink, #AF345
Gold Card
Couture Creations Embossing Folder, Chiaro, #723156 {available online}
Memory Box Happy Birthday die, #99684
Iridescent Plastic Dots, Mixed Colors and Sizes
Studio Katia Clear Round Dots, Mix 1, #SK2410

When I think of New Year's Eve, images of women in gowns, men in tuxedos, confetti, champagne, and classic elegance come to mind.  I wanted this card to convey some of that festive party mood so I used a classic palette of silver, gold, black, and gray.  I used a white 5" x 7" card base since I knew I wouldn't be able to fit all the elements I wanted to use on my usual A2 {5 1/2" x 4 1/4"} sized card.  I trimmed down the gray card and ran it through my Big Shot using an embossing folder that I didn't even remember I had!  I tend to keep the crafty items that I don't use that much in the back of whatever storage I have and this one was hiding.  Being a larger size than I typically use means I put the folder in the very back.  However, I think it helps the festive nature of the card and I'm glad I came across it.  Once the card was dry embossed, I glued it onto the base and stuck it under the tile to dry overnight.  I've had trouble getting intricate embossed paper to stick to the base so I knew if I loaded it up with glue and set it to dry overnight it would stick.
Another Look

Meanwhile, I stamped the balloons with embossing ink and embossed them with black, silver, gold embossing powder, and a little silver glitter powder, then I cut and set them aside.  I did the same with the balloon strings.  I stamped the drinks in black ink and die cut them as well.  I don't have many number dies and I bought these without having a project in mind, but I knew they'd come in handy and they did! I cut them out of gold card, sort of a dull gold.  Lastly, I had to decide what "happy" I wanted to use and eventually settled on one.  I didn't want the "happy" to be the focal point of the card so I chose a small one, cut it out of black card, and all of my elements were ready to go.

I added all the die cut pieces and then went a little crazy with some iridescent and clear dots.  I started wanting the bubbles to come up out of the glasses like champagne but that didn't work so well so I just put the dots anywhere and everywhere I wanted.  I think it makes the card a celebration all on it's own!  Thank you for reading my tutorial and I hope you join us at a2z Scrapbooking this month; after all, you can't win if you don't play and how can you not play when Anything Goes! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Happy 2019 Card in the following Challenges:
2 Sisters on the Blog - Use Numbers
Dies R Us - Anything New {New Year! New Die!} Entry 2
Mix it Up - #21, Anything Goes w/ Sentiment as the Focus
Sparkles Forum - #112, New Year, New Stash {the stamps & dies are all new}
Tuesday Throwdown - #423, Embossing {I used dry & wet}
Crafty Gals Corner - #183, Make it Sparkle
A Blog Named Hero - M, Crafter's Choice

12 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous New Year celebration creation sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card you've made!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a fun and festive creation! (always good to have a few cards in reserve for those times we forget lol) Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything NEW’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and what a fun way to welcome the new year! Thanks for joining our "Anything New" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome New Year's card, Christi! I didn't make any this year so I love seeing this! It really has a party vibe and I love all the gold and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice card. Thank you for joining us.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card- I am loving all of the images and embellishments- yes- only once a year- so have fun!!! Thank You for joining in the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embellishments really give this card the feel of a fun celebration. The embossed background adds great texture.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Make It Sparkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Karen Bull a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Love this month's challenge - Crafter's Choice has been so fun! Thank you for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card, love the die cut numbers! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly and I do hope you'll join us again soon!
    Love Jacky x
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)