Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Some Cherub Love

Hi everyone!  While Valentine's day might be over, you can still enter your LOVE project over at Die Cut Divas!  I made my card full of Hero Arts goodness.  They are generously sponsoring the challenge this month and I'm hoping you can squeak into the challenge before it ends.  We'd LOVE to see your creations!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Pink Shimmer Paper
Hero Arts Heart Confetti Fancy Die, #DI348
Hero Arts Cherubs, stamps, #CM211
Hero Arts Cherubs, dies, #DI442
Die Namics Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Hero Arts Ink in Pink Tourmaline, Strawberry, Bubble Gum and Red Royal 
Colorbox Petal Ink - Alchemy {any shimmery gold will work}
White Card

I began this card by stamping a whole bunch of cherubs on some plain white card.  Them I cut them out and chose the best ones for the card.  I tend to be a hard stamper and sometimes the little details get lost when I'm using clear stamps {while Hero Arts uses photopolymer for their stamps, it honestly doesn't seem to matter what material is used to make the clear stamps; I just stamp too darn hard!} the words inside the cherubs kept getting smooshed away and I had to really be aware of the pressure I put on my stamp platform.  I have to get over that feeling that the harder I stamp the more ink will stick to the paper; it's simply not true!  It's a leftover issue from using the old wood mounted, red rubber stamps and only having one chance at making a good impression.   

Once I had all my angels cut, I stamped the sentiment.  I stamped it first in a very light pink and then over-stamped it with gold.  You can't really tell in the photo but in person it looks really cool, in my opinion.  I tried to capture the dual tone in a photo, but it didn't come across the way it looks in real life  I hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day and I hope to see you soon! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Cherub Love card in the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - M, Love is in the Air
Crafts Dreamy Mood Board Challenge - M, See Board Below
Creative Crafty Cottage - #115, M, Valentine
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon - #486, Love It!
Crafting by Designs - Silhouettes
Double D Challenges - Pink & White
Shopping our Stash - February 

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Christi! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pink & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card ! I like the angels with this heart background die. Fit´s great together !

    Thanks for joining our "Love it" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! love all of those little Cupids fluttering about, great Valentine's Day card.
    Thank you for sharing at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Valentine card, love the wee cherubs!
    Thank you for sharing and for celebrating FABULOUS FEBRUARY with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Valentine card, love your cherubs.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely crafted! I love that die and you have given it a wonderful presentation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash! ~ Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Love is in the air - great card design! Thank you for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)