Followers

Monday, April 13, 2020

Hope You're Day GLOWS. . .

Another card from the "ready to publish" batch I have from cards I made before my sabbatical.  The items aren't exactly new anymore, but perhaps they are new to you? This was the first time I used the GITD embossing powder as well as the stamp & die sets. It is snowy and dreary here and I needed to brighten things up so I chose to publish this post now. I hope you enjoy this write up!

I love playing with new stuff and playing with new stuff that does something {other than stamp or die cut} is even better! I was perusing Amazon and this bundle pack of Lawn Fawn stuff came up; the light bulb set, Lights Out, this set, both with coordinating dies, and a bottle of the new Glow in the Dark embossing powder.  Was it cheaper?  I dunno, but I had wanted all of it, so my finger slipped pressed the button and they ended up in my cart.  I had so much fun with this card, I hope you like it!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Distress Oxide Inks - Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Squeezed Lemon, Mermaid Lagoon, Seedless Preserves & Black Soot
Zig Clean Color Markers
Lawn Fawn Little Fireflies Stamps, #LF1593
Lawn Fawn Little Fireflies Dies, #LF1594
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border, #LF613
VersaMark Ink 
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Lawn Fawn Glow In the Dark Embossing Powder, #LF1577
Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Rectangles, #TUTTI-217
Shades of Green Paper
Watercolor Paper
Dimensional Dots

These fireflies are SO cute! I pondered for a while how I was going to use the GITD {Glow in the Dark} embossing powder so I watched the video which Lawn Fawn puts out with each new release.  I took the idea about making the fireflies' butts glow using little dots.  I covered a piece of white card with VersaMark ink and sprinkled on the GITD embossing powder and heated it up with my heat gun.  I did this multiple times (honestly, at least 8 times) as I wanted to be sure the powder was thick enough to really glow.  I set the paper aside while I continued working on the card.
Another Look

I made my background with Oxide Inks, set that aside, and stamped my little fireflies on watercolor paper using my MISTI.  While I had everything out, I also stamped my sentiment.  I used Clean Color markers to color the fireflies {this was a challenge - I have no idea what color real fireflies are, but I suspect they aren't that pretty.  I improvised to make mine look sweet when they aren't glowing} and cut them out, as well as my sentiment.  I needed something to ground the scene so I cut out the Grassy Border twice, using two shades of green.

Next step was to die cut the little circles out of the paper I had coated with the embossing powder.  Then I attached them to the firefly butts and let them dry.  Once my background was fully dry, I attached the grass cuts and the sentiment.  I also cut out two of the "twinkles" from the embossed card so I could put them around the word GLOWS in the sentiment.  I popped most of the fireflies up with some dimensional dots and I was done! 
The card matched up with the Glow In The Dark spots
I was so anxious to see what it looked like in the dark, and I am SO pleased at how the card came out, but my camera refused to take a picture of the card! Absolutely refused.  I figured I'd try my cellphone and luckily that worked!  I hope you like this adorable card as much as I do! ~ fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
NBUS {Never Been Used Schtuff}, #13 - Anything New Goes 
2 Crafty Critter Crazies, #37 - Anything with a Critter {fireflies are critters?}
Take It, Make It Challenge, April - Anything Goes 
Coloring in Scrapland, April Challenge - Anything Goes w/ Option of Embossing
Dream Valley Challenge, #223 - Things with Wings
Pammies Inky Pinkies, #2015 - Anything Goes



6 comments:

  1. So an adorable card. I love the lightening bugs. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the heck fun is this?! What a great interactive card, Christi! That's amazing! And I love your trio of cards in your prior post! It's wonderful to have you back after your sabbitical and I thank you so much for sharing at NBUS! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card!thank you for joining us in the Colouring in Scrapland challenge and good luck!
    xx Marisol DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card with pretty colors! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
    Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 crafty critter crazies Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)