Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Something a little different. . .

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well & keeping busy.  I'm happy to say all the people in my life are doing well and I am crafting up a storm!  This card is a little different than what I normally create; I didn't use any ink or coloring on it.  I'd love to know what you think! Also, if you'd like to see the photos bigger, just click on it ~ thanks!


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base

Pink, Lavender and Light Green Scrap Paper
Memory Box Springtime Tulips Die, #94216
Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Edges Circles, #S4-903 {available online}
Various Small Half Pearls in Green, Pink and Yellow


The very first thing I did for this card was I cut the Springtime Tulips out of
heavy duty white card. I had gotten a large bag of mixed colors of half backed pears and used the second to the smallest size on this {I repackaged the pearls and neglected to write down the sizes.} I started to stick the half pearls with a wax holder pencil; the type that has a small metal tube in the front and you pick up a bit of the wax and then your item and then place it on your substrate.  Well, I got SO frustrated that I could not continue and I searched for a solution. I even tried the actual "wax pencils," that you sharpen as a real pencil, that supposedly
work the same way but the "lead" is a sticky substance with no luck. I found all of those items while searching and most of them were in the Nail Art section - perhaps they'd work better if you were placing a gem onto wet nail polish?  Finally, I had read about the Marvy Uchida Jewel Picker - this thing is GREAT! I was never good using tweezers and I have no trouble using this product! You can buy the Jewel Picker with one tip or two tips {the one I used}.  I breezed through the rest of the design in no time!

Close Up of the Tulips
When the die was covered with the pearls I cut the background circle out of lavender paper, the leaves out of light green paper and the pink strip.  I assembled the card as you see in the pictures.  I honestly wasn't expecting the project to come out as well as it did; fighting with embellishments is one of my least favorite things to do! But I really liked how the half pearls fit perfectly on the tulip die and I am glad I persevered and finished the card.  I hope you enjoyed my small write up; I'd love to hear what you do with your embellishments that might be a little different.  Feel free to leave me a message letting me know you were here as well as a link back to your blog so I can leave you some love.  Fondly, Christi
Another Look

Outside The Box - Memory Box Die Challenge, April, Spring Fling
Crafty Gals Corner, #206 - Easter/Spring
Double D Challenges - Showers & Flowers 
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies 
Not Just Cards - April, Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes 
Shopping Our Stash, #418 - Happy Spring, Easter and/or Passover 
Make My Monday, #120 - Spring Flowers 
The Paper Girls, #197 - Florals 
Dragonfly Dreams - Add a Flower


11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! This is so creative and beautiful! You must be a very patient person lol Looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Showers and Flowers Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Spring card and almost looks stitched..so pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is just beautiful! You have the patience of a Saint to make something like this! WELL DONE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Showers & Flowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, so creative, and what a steady hand you have to create the flowers. This card is truly a gift from the heart. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenges. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, I love this idea.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, sometimes different is good, and in this case great. Thanks for joining our challenge at Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and what a great eye catching idea-what patience too!Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative way to use a die! Love the texture and the shine of the pearls.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Easter or Spring challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous hun, I love this idea

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month. I hope to see you create with us again soon
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)