Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Trio of Lawn Fawn Shadow Box Cards

I know most of you are stuck in the house and the big trip of the week is to the grocery store to see if they have any toilet paper - thank goodness that is starting to get easier, at least here in Colorado it is.  I have been crafting like crazy in between doing some chores that have been put on the back burner; at least I feel that something is getting done! The entire  time I took off from crafting I still shopped, and bought crafting supplies, cause how can you not?   Once I started to look at all the goodies I have amassed I really wanted to play with these sets that go along with the Lawn Fawn Shadow Box card; I love that these cards can be folded to fit into a regular A2 envelope! I made three of them {I sense a pattern here; I seem to be making sets lately. I guess I am making up for lost time!} Here is the trio of Shadow Cards I made:

Here is the group:



What I Used for Each Card:
Lawn Fawn Shadow Box Card, #LF1486
Gina K. Amalgam Ink in Obsidian
Sturdy Cardstock for the Boxes 
Various Pastel Colored Card

Now, this is what I used to make the Waving Hello card {in addition to the items listed above}:
 

Lawn Fawn Shadow Box Ocean Add On, #LF1705
Lawn Fawn Wavy Sayings, #LF1899
Lawn Fawn Fancy Wavy Banners, #LF1923
WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine Embossing Powder, #WL01SF 
VersaMark Ink
 
This was simple to make, I just cut out all of the pieces, using appropriate colors of card and put the card together.  I stamped the sentiment onto the banner with Versamark ink and embossed it with the white embossing powder.  Attached the banner and the card is done!




To make the Spring Shadow Box card I used {in addition to the items listed above}:
Lawn Fawn Spring Shadow Box Add On, #LF1906
Strip of Acetate

This card was a little more time consuming; cutting out and gluing the little flowers to the hillside took a bit of time.  I cut out the bunnies, one out of grey card and one in brown, and put the card together.  I made the back brown bunny appear to be jumping using the strip of acetate.  It's so much fun to make the pieces of a car look like they are floating {it's the little things that make me laugh!!}


Lastly, to construct the You're a Star card I used {in addition to the items listed above}:

Lawn Fawn Shadow Box Card Theater Add On, #LF1706
Lawn Fawn Lucky Stars Stamp Set, #LF514
Hero Arts Strawberry Ink
Strip of Acetate
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips, #MFT-1123

I like the double meaning of this card, you're a star in a theater, get it? I cut out all of the components, put the card together, again using a strip of acetate to make the star appear that it is floating in the background.  Finished it up with the sentiment and the gems.  After all, why be on stage if you can't rock some bling? 

That's it for today! I hope my 3 happy, spring cards brought you some joy; and
Another Look at all Three
I sincerely hope everyone in your world is doing fine.  If any of the cards, or projects, on my blog speak to you, please message me & if I still have it, it's yours! No worries as I will pay the postage.  I have so many cards hanging around I need to do something with them and while I do donate a bunch it would be nice to share them with other card makers.  Email me {StampinDiva at yahoo dot com} and I will let you know if I have the card(s) available.  Thank you so much for using your time to come visit me - do leave me a comment so I can visit you back! Fondly, Christi


I would like to enter my cards in the following challenges {if the challenge is specific to one of the cards, I will note which one is entered}:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Moodboard {see below} 
NBUS, #13 - Anything Never Been Used {schtuff} - I never used the Spring and the Theater Add On's for the Shadow Box Cards :)  
Die Cut Diva's - April Challenge - All About Animals {Spring & Waving Hello Cards}
Country View Challenges - April Challenge - Animal Magic {Spring & Waving Hello Cards}
A Perfect Time to Craft - April Challenge, Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies, #37 - April Challenge, Anything with a Critter {Spring & Waving Hello Cards}
Southern Girls Challenge - April Challenge, Anything Goes 
Cut it Up! - Hopping Down the Bunny Trail {Easter} - {Spring Card}
Craft Rocket Challenge, #69 - April Challenge - Furry Friends {Spring Card}



9 comments:

  1. What a great card set! I'm partial to the Easter card with the sweet bunnies... totally worth all the time it took to do the flowers! Thank you so much for sharing these at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling trio of box cards - spotted them at NBUS and they really made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so very cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the April challenge of "It's all about the animals".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the leaping bunny! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable Christi! Such cute cards from die cuts! Thanks for joining the Southern Girls Challenge! Hope you are a winner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Southern Girls Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite die sets and I love the little bunny box! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cut It Up! Challenge!
    Rachelle - DT@CIU : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are very cute cards ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous shadow box cards!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)