Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Japanese Paper Dolls

I made this card ages ago and I recently came across it; I think it is just too cute not to share and I hope you agree!  Now, I have had the die set for a while, but this is the first time I've used them - I hope that counts as something new for all of these challenges!


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base 
Frantic Stamper Kokeshi Japanese Paper Doll Die Set, #FRA-DIE-10067
MSE! Stamp Set, Handwritten Sentiments, #Y500 {they sell on eBay now and this link will take you to the store}
Vanilla Card {for the faces}
Black Card {for the hair}
Silver & Gold Card {for the belts and accessories} 
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black  
Patterned Paper

I am loving these "assembly" die sets; cut out a bunch of different pieces and parts and then go to town assembling your items - in this case these adorable dolls.  There honestly isn't much to say about the process, it is fairly cut and dry.  I enjoy bringing all the parts out in the living room and playing around while I watch TV.  I actually look forward to commercials!  Anyway, once all my dolls were assembled, I stamped the sentiment on the card and attached the cuties above and below.  There was a time when Asian everything was all the rage in crafting and I have papers, coins, newspapers, books and so much more left over from that time but I love the items so much I can't let them go yet! It was nice to use papers that I've had since, well, let's just say a long time ago.  

I forget I have this die set and seeing this card reminds me - I think I will make a friendship card with all the little dolls holding hands - how cute would that be? Stay tuned! I would appreciate it if you'd elect to follow me on any form of social media of your liking, all of the links are on the sidebar.  If you do, please let me know so I can follow you back! Thanks SO much for spending your time here with me, fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Allsorts - Something New
Less is More, #434 - Fashion and/or Accessories {I hope my card counts!} 
Moving Along with the Times, #126 - New
NBUS - January NBUS
UNIKO, #63 - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything Goes
Dies R Us, #161 - Anything Goes
Ellibelle's Challenge - Something Old/Something New {I've got both!}
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Die Cuts and/or Embossing Folders
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes w/ Patterned Paper




13 comments:

  1. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely Japanese girls card with Moving Along with the Times January challenge. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun unique card. Almost like playing with paper dolls! Following you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super images, so sweet, many thanks for sharing 'Something New' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely adorable, and those little dolls are certainly fashionable! Love the papers you used to create their wonderful clothing. Our challenge is strictly CAS though, which means lots of large areas of clear and clean space with no pattern, no ink and no texture, so it isn't eligible for showCASe and PRIZE WINNER choices. Please join us in the future with your CAS designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's such a delightful line up of dolls! Love your card. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, love all their different outfits. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you decided to share it, it's so very cute with the dolls and pretty papers!
    Thanks so much for linking up at Allsorts and my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card - it must have taken ages to piece them all together. Unfortunately for our challenge it is not CAS as Stephanie has mentioned. We also ask that you don't enter more than four other challenges when entering at Less is More. Thanks for playing along and we look forward to your CAS creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute little ladies/+. Love your design. Thanks for taking time to share your creation with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again.
    kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those paper dolls are so cute! They must have taken ages to put together.
    Thanks for linking up at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thanks for playing along with our 'Something New' challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card. The dolls are adorable! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Uniko. Crafty Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)