Followers

Friday, January 8, 2021

Happy New Year with Newton's Nook

I had made only a few cat cards for the holiday so when I discovered this set in my collection {yes, I had forgotten that I had it, have never used it and that also makes it a NBUS!}, I knew I had to put it to good use.  What better way to ring in the new year than with a cat AND champagne!


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink
Newton’s Nook New Year Stamp set,#NN1811S05
Newton’s Nook New Year Die set, #NN1811D05
MME Joyful 6”x6” paper pad, #JYF109 {retired but available}
Dimensional Dots
Gel Pens

I started this card as I do almost all the others I make, by stamping the cat, coloring it in and then cutting it out.  I used a lot of gel pens on this design, I wanted some sparkle and I

Close up of Sparkle 
“dotted” a juicy gold gel pen to make it look like bubbles in the glasses and in the champagne exploding out of the bottle.  I pop dotted the kitty on a white panel, used some gold starred patterned paper for the top of the card, attached the white panel to the bottom of the card. 

 I am very pleased with the bubble effect, it came out better than I envisioned it.  I hope you like this card as much as I do; I think it conveys the fun and excitement that only a New Year can bring!  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and checking out my card! I hope you & yours have a fabulous New Year! Fondly, Christi

PS: Consider following me on Instagram - I am going to be having a fantastic giveaway for my Instagram followers only & you want to be a part of it, trust me! Thanks :)

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
NBUS, #22 - Stamp Set & Die have never been used :)
Moving Along with the Times, #126 - New
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a New or Unused Product
Make my Monday, #139 - Something New in Your Stash
Use Your Stuff, #413 - It's all about the New
Shopping our Stash, #436 - Use Something New
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New
Krafty Chicks, #541 - Stamp Act {must stamp}
Paperminutes, #673 - Happy New Year!
Creative Fingers, #199 - Anything Goes





8 comments:

  1. What a fun card. I love the image and all that gold just really adds the sparkle and shine! The little touches really set off your card. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stamp set you used and coloring job you did at creating this card using new items in your stash! Thank you for joining us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fab, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is, indeed, a fun and festive New Year's card design, Christi! Love all the gold and schparkle and stars! You did a really brilliant job with the bubbles!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times; it fits perfectly with our ‘New’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fabulous design! Thank you playing along at Make My Mondy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)