Followers

Monday, January 11, 2021

Sparkling Snowflake

I just love pairing Birch Press dies with some calligraphy!  I think the combination is just so elegant!  The Quietfire Design company, which is now sold through Elizabeth Designs, has all sorts of beautiful stamps, die cuts, and electronic files featuring this beautiful calligraphy {just do a search for Suzanne Cannon; she is the calligrapher behind all these gorgeous products!}



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
DCWV White Christmas Paper Stack, 12" x 12" {not on the DCWV site, but available}
Elizabeth Craft Designs, Let it Snow die, #1234 {on SALE right NOW!}
Birch Press Issa Die Set, #56082 {retired but available}

One of the beautiful things about Birch Press dies is that there are 3 layers for you to mix, match, and use as you please.  This creation only used 2 layers of the set; I die cut the bottom layer out of light grey paper and then the top out of glittery paper.  I assembled my snowflake, glued it onto my card base, then cut my sentiment from light gray paper.  This is one of the quickest cards I have ever made and I think it looks almost as good as those you can find in the store! 

I hope you are getting in some "you" time after all the craziness of the holiday season.  It feels wonderful to not have all that pressure around anymore.  I am thrilled to pieces that 2020 is gone and I am hoping that 2021 is going to be better for everyone!  Hoping you and yours are healthy, safe, & happy!  Hugs, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us, #160 - Anything Goes
Challenge up Your Life, #131 - Snowflakes
Dream Valley Challenges, #239 - Winter and/or Snow
A Place to Start, #1 - Anything Goes
Love to Craft, #54 - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies


4 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple card! Thanks for playing at Challenge up your

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely monochrome CAS card! We sure do appreciate you sharing your art with us at Love to Craft and hope to see you again soon! XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tone on tone creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty..so soft! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)