Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Meowy Christmas ~ cat lovers blog hop

In my opinion things can't get much better than cats & Christmas!  This is my first attempt at a slimline card, so please be kind!

 


 What I Used to Make my Card: 
Slimline White Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this} 
Authentique 6x6 Pad, Festive, #FES009
Dots (made out of Perler Beads)

I had already had all the cats colored and cut out {I always have a supply on hand for those ideas that pop into my head} so all I had to do was cut the letters and find the Santa hats.  I made my own slimline card base after searching for a definitive size.  At the time, it seemed as long as the card fit into a business sized envelope any size worked.  I love the idea of the cat juggling the "o" and that was really the start of the card.  I assembled everything and here you have it!

Hoping this post finds you and yours healthy & happy!   Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Her Peaceful Garden {cat lovers blog hop, day 3}
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, #82 - Anything Christmas Goes 
SUYP Challenge - Anything with a Cat Goes
Arty Divas, #30 - Anything Goes
 

20 comments:

  1. I'm of the same warm fuzzy opinion about cats and Christmas!! Love both of them! I do like the look of the slimline cards! Sweet little kittys! good to have them ready to go! Happy hopping from Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how the middle kitty is playing with the letter O, bouncing it into the air like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the kittens here made me smile. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat does look like he's juggling the O. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable and creative with the kitty juggling the 'O'. Love the pretty paper you used for the letters and of course, the sweet kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always love that "meowy Christmas" sentiment on cards! Your 3 cats on this card look like they are ready for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuuuuuuuuute card! I really love the patterned paper idea for the Meowy! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, Christi! I love the Santa hat on the one kitty. How clever to have the middle kitten playing with the 'O' - it makes everything really come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something that adds whimsy to Christmas when you add a cat to the festivities! Super sweet card, and I think it looks great! I haven't tried slimline yet, but you make me want to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful slimline card, Christi - I love all the kitties and the cute meowy sentiment! I've only made one slimline card so far myself. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FURRtastic kitty cat make!
    Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to just scoop those kitties up and give them a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Christmas card! Puurrrfect coloring! Your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous, furry Christmas card, Christi. Lovely to see you again at the Cat Lovers Hop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun design with the cat juggling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cute cute design, Christi!! Love the kitty playing with that O....such a clever idea that really brings life to your whole card. The slimline style looks fab and I adore the letters die cut from patterned paper, instead of just solid cardstock. Wonderful CATmas card!!

    I have been slow at visiting everyone, but I am delighted to be making my rounds and seeing what all the Hoppers have shared. Thank you so much for joining in the feline fun at our #2020CatLoversHop!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, such cute kitties! What an adorable Christmas card, Chrisit! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)