Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Spell Book

I can't get through the Halloween season without making at least one project other than cards; this year was a little frustrating because I still have so many things in storage and I am not used to having to go hunt for an item I want {and hopefully I can find it!}   Personally, I think this is one of my favorite creations and I hope you like it, too! 

The Book

I have used mostly Tim Holtz Idea-Ology products in making this; some are discontinued, but you can find most of the items online if you must have them.  If there is no link, I couldn't find the product.  I am in no way endorsing the stores to which I have linked.  They are merely the first link that came up with the item in stock when searching with Google.

What I Used in my Project:
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Configurations Book
Tim Holtz Paper {I think I used Materialize but I can't find it anywhere}
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Type Charms, #TH92819 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Paper Dolls, Halloween, #TH94057 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Industrious Stickers, Gothic, #TH93236
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Pumpkin Pieces, #TH93312 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Quote Chips, Halloween, #TH93728 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Spider Adornments, #TH3717 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Zombie Hands, #TH93737 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Hitch Fasteners, #TH92731 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Quote Tokens, Halloween, #TH93733 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Decorative Domes, #TH93265 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Broomsticks, #TH93598 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Skulls, #TH93606 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Boneyard, #TH93596 
Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Creepy Eyes, #TH94061 
Metal Letters and Numbers 
Various Other Odds and Ends 
 
The whole book, opened


I am not positive about the paper I used as I only found a few pages in my Halloween stash and couldn't locate the full pad,
but I am pretty certain I used “Materialize” which I cannot find anywhere online.  That's sad as the papers are beautiful black & white patterns.  Anyway, I started the project by painting the book and the boxes with black paint.  Since I never know what I am going to do with the items I chose until I know {heeheehee}, I figured starting out with everything black was a good beginning.  I wrapped some of the boxes with really old washi tape that I have had for so long; I know some of it is Tim's, but can't recall the name. Other washi tape as well was used but again, I'm blank on the name.  I papered some of the boxes, as well as the background of the book.

Added some witches, a black cat, pumpkins, and other spooky items.  The skeleton is from the Dollar Tree and his red eyes are gems from my stash.

I used various Quote Chips and Quote Tokens to fill in some spaces as well as some very, very old metal letters and numbers and I can't even remember getting them.  If you look close you can see the spider climbing up the wall near the Quote Chips. I actually used some of the metal letters when I made the hanging word “SPOOKY.”   I glued them on top of the Type Charms and then put the acrylic bubble on top of that.  I placed my witches and surrounded them with all the boxes and bits since they are really the focal point of my book.  After I finished, I realized I didn't really have a way to tie in the fact that this was a book so I decided to make it a magical Spell Book.  I made a table of contents in fancy font and solved that issue. I hope you can read the table of contents, I had a LOT of fun thinking it up!  I also had to size the pictures down to small so if you'd like to see them bigger, just give them a click.

I am such a craft supply hoarder!  I really must work on that.  I just hate to use something that I love so much!  I am very sure you can relate to that.  I hope you enjoyed my Spell Book and if you have any questions about it, please feel free to let me know in the comments or by email.  Happy Halloween!!  Christi {and can I just say this new version of Blogger is a NIGHTMARE - I can't add admin, people I invite aren't getting the invite emails, the spacing is all wonky. . . UGH!!}

 


I am happily entering my Spell Book in the following challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge {OCT} - Anything Goes
 
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge {OCT} - Anything Goes Halloween
Use Your Stuff - Halloween/Fall
Mix it Up Challenge, #42 - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash, #431 - Happy Fall Y'all!

 

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what amazing halloween project, i love everything about this. thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (autumn!) STASH with us this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW ... this is SO awesome Christi!! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our *NEW* Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back next month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

    Darlene
    TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is TOTALLY AWESOME! Love, love, LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun here. Thanks for entering at UYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! what an amazing project, truly a labor of love and fun.
    So many fabulous details, love them all.
    Thank you for sharing with us at TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! What an amazing piece to have on your table at Halloween time. I love that your Book of Spells is actually a book. Any visitor who opened it would have a big surprise! You went to a lot of trouble to look up and link all those products. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing project with us at Two Old Bats Halloween challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, great design. I looked at the index - does it have more pages?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)