Followers

Monday, December 21, 2020

Fa La La La Llama

This adorable set was a collaboration between Simon Says Stamp and Clearly Besotted; sadly it is no longer available so if you can find it, you should buy it!  While I was searching for information for this post, I looked for the set to see if I could find it, and if you decide to do the same, just know that some stampers are calling the set "Little Llama."  I couldn't find the set anywhere but maybe you will have better luck!  I jazzed up every llama on this card to make it extra special - I hope you like it!

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink
Fa La La La Llama Stamp & Die Set {retired} 
Simon Says Stamp Fa La La La Die, #SSSD111767
DCWV Blue Noel 12" x 12" Paper Stack
Red Shimmer Paper from Stash
Gel Pens
Various Gems from Stash

As usual, I started this card by stamping, coloring, and cutting the llamas.  I used sparkle gel pens for the scarf and Santa hat, then used gems for the "bells" around one llama's neck and as earrings for the middle llama {I felt bad since there was nothing I could color in and use, so she had her ears pierced and was very brave.}  I used the Blue Noel paper, trimmed, to cover the white card, and also stamped and trimmed the sentiment.  For the Fa La La die I

Close up of the sparkle
used an old envelope made of shimmer paper I found in my stash; it was from a kit that I had gotten many years ago.  See, this is why we crafters save things!  You just never know!  I found the green snowflakes on my desk and have no idea what set or die was used.  

Right now my desk is a HUGE mess.  I like to pull out all the items pertaining to the season or holiday so I have all my winter, Christmas, and Valentine's Day stamps, dies, embellishments, and cat fur all over my desk.  This has caused me to rethink my storage method.  I have been storing my stamps and dies by company and, while that seems to be working for the companies I use all the time, it definitely causes me to forget some of the amazing products I have from the companies that I don't have as much.  So I inquired on Instagram how all of those talented stampers store their items and overwhelmingly they organize by season, holiday, or whatever other subject is important to that crafter.  So, I have decided that next month I am going to reorganize.  It isn't as big an undertaking as it sounds; I basically have all of my stamps and dies stored in plastic pouches, complete with a 5" x 7" magnet if applicable, and they all hang out in the refrigerator organizers that Jennifer McGuire uses {this link is from just one of her fabulous organizer posts; but it explains all the items she uses and has links to buy those exact items.}  However, I get all my supplies from Amazon and since she doesn't list magnets, here is where I buy mine.  I also use Dollar Tree bins {they are open bins with cut out handles; you can see the exact ones I use here} for my larger stamp sets, all of my word dies, and plastic cutting mats for my dividers.  I cut the mats into four sections and then label them.  Since you get two in each pack, a few can go a long way.  I also found them to be sturdy enough to keep everything apart but flexible enough that a cat can walk on it and not ruin it.  So, reorganizing really just means making some new dividers and, well, dividing.  

Wow, this post has turned out to be much longer than I anticipated!  I hope you and yours are happy and healthy and that your holiday plans are moving along smoothly!  I have a few gifts in the works and I am hoping to get them posted before the holiday, so why not take a second and follow me on any, or all, of the social media listed on the side bar. Thanks so much for stopping by & socially distanced hugs!  Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies, #45 - Anything Goes with a Critter
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Celebrate!
Crafty Animals, #45 - Anything Goes with an Animal
Crafty Calendar - Christmas Time
Die Cur Divas - Anything Goes
The Paper Funday Challenge - Anything Goes, TWIST: Christmas
Country View Challenges - Anything Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Christmas Critters

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, so cute! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy Christmas, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine llamas all lined up like this, they seem to like it. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and those little llamas are so cute. Hope you have a lovely christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! Thanks for playing along our December challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!
    Merry Christmas! 🎅

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
    Greetings Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our December "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card, so very cute!
    Thank you so much for joining in with our December challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy new year! Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)