Followers

Monday, December 7, 2020

Warmest Wishes with Penny Black

Hi all!! I hope this card finds you and yours well.  I am terribly behind on my holiday cards this year but I did manage to get this one done.


I could NOT get a picture of the sparkling crystals - but if you
 look close, you can see a few of them

What I Used to Make my Card
White Card Base
DCWV Blue Noel Paper Pack, 12 x 12
Penny Black Snowy Park Stamp, #3231K
Penny Black Warmest Wishes Die, #51-170
Silver Shimmer Paper
Studio Katia Sparking Crystals Mix, #SK2411

I started this card by taking the stamp off the wooden block.  It was a pleasure to use now that I can over stamp the image and get it nice and dark.  One the image was stamped, I trimmed it down.  I found background paper that I felt works with the image; I didn't want anything too flashy or bright, but wanted to stay somewhat seasonal.  I used silver shimmer paper and die cut the sentiment, assembled the card and then added some sparkle by using a few crystals.  I like how the crystals are subtle.

I hope you enjoyed my card! I saw the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and I really wanted to use these items; I think I have had the stamp since it came out in 2005! Well, I will be using it much more now that I removed it from the block. I found a few others I'd removed as well, so be prepared for some oldies but goodies!  Thank you and please consider following me here, or on any of the social media platforms listed. Let me know so I can follow you back ~ Hugs! Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Bitten By The Bug - Die-lirious 
Double Trouble - #73, I made a holiday card, I used a die & I used patterned paper
Sweet Stampin' - Let it Snow
Penny Black Saturday Challenge, M - ATG, optional Winter Wonderland
Dies R Us Challenge - #158, Merry Christmas
Carlin's Cards - #29, Winter & NO Square Cards
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - Must use Patterned Paper
Do-Al(l) Kreatives - #48, Winter Wonderland
Love to Scrap - #140, Winter Wonderland


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love that you used Twisted Sister's optional twists "Wrap and/or Tie It Up". Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. And, since you have also met the requirement for our Partner, add link to your post and click on link here to enter in their challenge. Bitten By the Bug

    Please come back for this challenge and our future fun challenges at Double Trouble in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful.
    I love the snowy scene.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Good Luck !
    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful frosty feel to this beautiful Christmas card, that's a gorgeous stamp! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done! Love the scene and monochromatic look!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and the background paper works well with it. Thanks for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that die cut sentiment! lovely card all together. thank you for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. good luck and happy holidays!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely, Christi! You did a great job pairing the the background paper with the stamped scene. I too have been removing my stamps from their wood blocks so I can use my stamp positioner. So many stamped images look so much better for having been stamped a couple times more. Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous. I didn’t realize the main image was a stamp. I love it. The background paper coordinates perfectly with the stamp too. I can see some of the sparkle so I can tell it’s a beautiful card in person too. Thank for joining the challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty - I love a winter wonderland scene. thanks for sharing with us at Bitten by the Bug2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card! Love the black and white image with the green sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see a few of them indeed. And I believe you on your blue eyes (is that a saying in English too?)
    I do love the scene and thnaks for joining us at DAK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really nice scene

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful winter scene!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a simple and beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such elegance - your design exudes peace and serenity, Christi! I am reminded of the poem by Robert Frost, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening." Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #73.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)