Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Dies Two Ways with Birch Press Designs

Hello everyone!

I hope this post finds you well! I've made these two cards using Birch Press Design dies that can be found at Dies R Us to show how different two cards can be using the same dies, just different colors. I love the simplicity of Birch Press dies and Dies R Us has a wonderful selection; please take a look when you have a chance!


What I Used to Make Both my Cards:
White Card Base
Birch Press Designs Grandiose Dies, Bundle of 3, #56102

After making both the purple and grey layered piece I just customized each card using the items linked below. In addition to showing how colors can change a card completely, I was also going for one feminine card and one masculine card. Here is the information on each card:

Missing You {grey card}
Simon Says Stamp Floral Garden, #SSS202304 {sentiment}
Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Rectangles, #TUTTI-217 {out of stock, but other options are TUTTI-414 and TUTTI-410}
Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Shades of Grey Card

Once the panel was made for this card, I made a frame using the rectangle dies, to go around it. As you can see from the picture, it's very easy to do as long as you have some low tack tape to hold the dies in place. I attached the frame to the panel, the panel to the card base and then adhered the sentiment, which was stamped and trimmed.

 Just for You {purple card}
Creative Expressions by Sue Wilson, Just for You, #CEDME028
Shades of Purple Card

All I needed to make this super easy card was a sentiment, which I cut out of the darkest purple I used in the panel. I attached that to the card and it's ready to send off!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my cards! Remember, the challenge at Dies R Us is always anything goes using a die that they stock; that leaves you with plenty of options to play! I hope that you are inspired by our creations and join the challenge!

Fondly, 

Christi

I am entering my card in the challenges below:
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge, #492 - Dies
Always Fun Challenges, #217 - Layers
Dream Valley Challenges, #249 - Dies and/or Punches {entry #2}
Happy Little Stampers - Dies
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, #88 - Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Love these! I'm a Birch Press Design fiend! LOVE their dies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO kind Leslie - thank you SO much :) xo

      Delete
  2. Great designs and cards and love that one could go masculine if needed. Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS die challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dies and the different ways you used them! (Plus purple is my favorite color.) Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! Love the way you created two cards from the same dies. Thank you for playing with us at the Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge and hope you join in again soon.
    Debbie
    www.secretstamper.com
    Join the Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like your cards! Thanks for joining at the EAC! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards!! Thank you for participating in the challenge at http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)