Followers

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Sparkle and Shine with The Paper Funday Challenge!

 Hello everyone!

Happy June! This month at the Paper Funday Challenge the optional theme is "Sparkle and Shine" so I decided to make a rainbow card! I figure everyone loves rainbows and, after a wet spring, we can all use a bit more color. I hope you enjoy my creation!

 

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Hello Bluebird Rainbow Sky Die
EK Success Hearts, #54-80012 {Retired, I used the small heart}
Pinkfresh Studios Kelly Alpha Lower Case Dies, #PFSA1719
Black, Pink, Red and Purple Glitter Card
Rainbow Colors in Regular Card
Gold Card
Gems



When I found out the optional choice for this month's challenge was Sparkle and Shine I knew I wanted to make a rainbow card.  My first step was to cut out the rainbow, then I assembled it
and studded it with the gems.  I found a great deal on these gems, they are actually marketed for fingernails, but a flat backed gem that works just fine on cardstock too!  Once my rainbow was dry, I cut the word "shine" out of black glitter card, then the word "on" from muted gold and glued those onto the card base.  At this point I wasn't sure what else I wanted to put on the card, more gems or something else and, as you can see, I chose to make a bunch of hearts from scraps of glitter card.  I attached them onto the card and I was finished. I have to say I am in love with the new alphabet dies and I imagine you will be seeing more creations featuring it.  Another card done with no stamping, but the message is clear - Shine On!

I hope we see you at the challenge, you have the entire month to play at Paper Funday! So get out all your bling and Sparkle and Shine along with us! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you very soon! 

Fondly, 

Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Rainbow Card Challenge, #30 - Radically Rainbow
A Place to Start, #5 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges, #249 - Dies and/or Punches
TTCRD - Anything Goes





7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Christy for such a wonderful project for the Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use those gems too, that are fingernails! They work great! Fun card! Thanks for playing along at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Christi! I must have been hiding under a rock not to spot the rainbow challenge.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christi, There are rainbows everywhere in blog land, and yours is one of the best. Love the card!!! Thanks for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge!!! Please come back and play in our July challenge next month!!!
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi, this is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge this month and I hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joyful card with this beautiful rainbow ! And it definitely sparkles and shines with the gems and embossing powder embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at The Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your card design! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)