Followers

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Happy Birthday America!

Here is a quick little card I dashed off to celebrate the Fourth of July.  I think it's cute and fits the bill for a celebration!

What I used to Make my card:
White Card Base
Carta Bella God Bless America 6"x6" pad, CBGBA136023
Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Ad On: Family, #LF1585
Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's #LF381
Lawn Fawn Scripty Birthday, #LF2354
Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
Dimensional Dots

This was a quick and easy card; the hardest part was trying to get the little letters to cooperate! They seemed to stick everywhere but where I wanted them to, but after asking some stamping friends what to do, I powdered the tips of my fingers a bit and they then cooperated fully!  The first step was to cut the patterned paper to fit on the card base, then cut birthday out of white card.  As the card was drying I embossed "Happy" and "America" in white on navy blue card, then worked out my placement. I popped the two words out with dimensional dots and fit the birthday between them.  There you go! A red, white & blue card fit for the fourth of July!  Perfect for your favorite Patriot!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Hugs, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Three Room Studio, #42 - Red, White & Blue
DL Art - Red, White & Blue
Color Hues, #21 - Red & Blue
The House that Stamps Built - Red, White & Blue
Cardz TV, #144 - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too, #172 - Sentiment as the Main Focus


4 comments:

  1. What perfect paper for a red, white, and blue challenge! Clever trick with the powder on the fingers. Thank you for joining in on the Three Room Studio Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That patterned paper was made for a July 4th celebration card! A perfect background for the holiday sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that patterned paper! It's just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and festive card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)