Followers

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Pet Talk

Hi Friends of Dies R Us! Yes, another multiple card post - just a 2fer this time! I used some older Lawn Fawn stamps and dies, but the NEW RELEASE is now available at Dies R Us, just go to the website and choose NEW ARRIVALS {you'll find more than just Lawn Fawn - I have my eye on some of the great Visible Image sets}!!   Enjoy!


What I Used to Make my Cards:
White Card Base
Pink Card
Lawn Fawn Speech Bubble Backdrop, #LF1989
Lawn Fawn Critter Chatter Stamps, #LF1964
Lawn Fawn Critters at the Dog Park, Stamps #LF515, Dies #LF520
Lawn Fawn Meow You Doin'? Stamps #LF1315, Dies #LF1316 
Watercolor Paper {I use this}

Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink

Dimensional Dots
Pink Ink



I started these cards by cutting the backdrop out of white card and pink card, twice each.  Then I began to stamp the different dog and cat sounds on various white speech bubbles from the backdrop cut out which I then attached to my white card bases. I placed the stamped speech bubbles onto different spaces left by the die cut and filled in a few of the more empty spaces with the pink speech bubbles, leaving some of the spots empty.  The cat and the dog I used on the cards were previously colored and cut so I just added the dimensional dots to them and attached them onto the cards.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiments on white card, trimmed them and dotted them onto the card fronts.  I also stamped the small heart in pink ink and the paw print in black ink onto 2 of the smaller panels.  I like the look of the different levels created by the dots and the speech bubbles.  They are a different type of "I love you" card but every bit as important as the cards someone might get from humans; and a such nice way to say that your pets care about their pet parent {or aunt, grandparent, etc.} as much as you do!  

Thank you for stopping by to look at my work. I hope you and yours are doing well and are staying safe! I hope you had a fantastic weekend and see you here, at Dies R Us very soon!!  Fondly, Christi

 Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  

  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

 

click below for:

STORE

CHALLENGE BLOG

FACEBOOK

INSPIRATION BLOG

FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

I am entering my "Pet Talk" cards in the following challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
Paperminutes, #699 - Small Animals
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges - Fun & Quirky (entry #2)
Fab 'n Funky Challenges, #531 - Anything Goes
Cardz for Gals, #150 - Get Inky
Crafting Happiness, #103 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Very clever designs Christi! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different and I like it great card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz shell x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coole Idee, und die kleinen Tiere passen gut zum Thema von Paperminutes.

    Liebe Grüße -
    Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so adorable! I love all the translations. Cute! Cute! Thanks for linking up with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thanks for joining Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Teams

    ReplyDelete
  6. These made me smile so much. The little doggy one reminds me so much of Bertie from next door. Yes, I know he loves me but the treat cupboard holds a special allure. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)