Followers

Sunday, July 4, 2021

No Hearts or Mushy Stuff for River of Creativity

Hi everyone!!

I love a dry wit; sarcasm is how my family communicates with each other, so I have many years of experience and I think I have a fairly sharp wit.  When I saw this stamp, I laughed for a long time so I knew I had to have it!  I hope you like my card which I feel is a juxtaposition of a sweet looking card with a bit of biting satire.  This is also my July card for the River of Creativity Challenge which has a theme this month of No Hearts or Mushy Stuff - I think this card fits the bill :)

 


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Blank
Pre-Made Distress Oxide Background
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors, #904 Champagne Gold {I have the Starry Colors set, available}
Reverse Confetti Double Stitched Window Cover Panel {not available at Reverse Confetti, but is available}
Picket Fence Studios I Snorted Stamp Set, #8142
Gina K Designs Amalgam Obsidian Black Ink
5mm Sequins

Making the Front
I began by adding some splatters of champagne gold watercolor paint onto the Oxide Ink background that I had already made and put aside since it didn't match the card I was making it for; once the splatter was dry, I cut the window panel out with the cover panel die.  I matched up the cover panel with the front of the white card base and then stamped the sentiment onto the card through the window of the oxide ink panel.   I attached the panel to the card, making sure the sentiment showed through the window and lastly, a few small sequins from my stash finished the card off.  

I think this is hysterical! I have already formulated many cards using this funny stamp set; plenty of opportunities to get my snark on!  I hope you have enjoyed my card and I would love to know about your favorite snarky stamp sets; please leave your answers in the comments.  

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my card and I hope to see your no hearts and non-mushy cards {or any type of project} in the River of Creativity Challenge! Don't forget to follow us on Blogger and we are also on Instagram {tag your projects with #riverofcreativity and/or #rocnohearts03} and you can also join us on  Twitter at River of Creativity (RiverCreativity), why not subscribe to all three?

Any and all crafts are accepted and encouraged!

Fondly, 

Christi

I am entering my "So I danced" Card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fun & Quirky
Just Us Girls, #591 - Word Week, Script
NBUS, #28 - The die and the stamp are brand new :)
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything Goes
Cardz for Gals, #150 - Get Inky
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge, #604 - Anything Goes


 


14 comments:

  1. The pastel colours against a sentiment that is not pastel sounding is the ultimate edge to this fabulous fun card. I cannot look at it without chuckling. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good sarcastic card, Christi! And your background is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too Anita :) Sarcasm is my middle name :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love that sentiment! You can't beat a bit of sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you made me spit my drink! This is hilarious and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun sentiment that rightly takes the focal point stage! Love the beautifully blended card front too with the gold shimmer catching the eye. Leaving with a big smile on my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely and lovely blending too.
    I see the Pharmacy companies like you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chrish,
    What a fabulous card, I love the sentiment and the colour.
    I would like to thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at CRAFT challenge -theme being Anything Goes. Https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com
    I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
    With kind regards
    Sue CRAFT DT
    Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty.

    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card. Great colors for the background and perfect for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know this is right up my snarky alley, Christi, so I love it and, in contrast, I love how soft and ladylike and dreamy your beautiful background is. At my age, this would be another good one: "Okay, I danced like no one was watching and I peed myself!" Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours of your background...that sentiment is fabulous!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)