Followers

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween! {Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up card}

It's finally here! I honestly wish the Halloween season lasted longer than one month - I say we start celebrating Halloween in June! Now it looks as if I used a million stamp sets making my card but that is only because I used a lot of critters from different sets.


The Pivot Pop-Up card, open to it's full glory!
What I Used to Make my Card: {it's a long list}
White Card Base
Black, White and Brown Cardstock
Silver Mirror Card
Silver Glitter Card
Lawn Fawn Pick of the Patch Stamps, #LF1754
Lawn Fawn Pick of the Patch Dies, #LF1755
Lawn Fawn Happy Howloween Stamps, # LF1206
Lawn Fawn Happy Howloween Dies, #LF1207
Lawn Fawn Costume Party Stamps, #LF1458
Lawn Fawn Costume Party Dies, #LF1459
Lawn Fawn Snow Day Stamps, #LF723
Lawn Fawn Snow Day Dies, #LF724
Lawn Fawn/Simon Says Stamp Nutty or Nice? Stamps, #LF1765 {not available}
Lawn Fawn/Simon Says Stamp Nutty or Nice? Dies, #LF1766 {not available}
Lawn Fawn Beary Happy Holidays Stamps, #LF1470
Lawn Fawn Beary Happy Holidays Dies, #LF1471
Lawn Fawn Meow You Doin'? Stamps, #LF1315
Lawn Fawn Meow You Doin'? Dies, #LF1316
Lawn Fawn Critters at the Dog Park Stamps, #LF515
Lawn Fawn Critters st the Dog Park Dies, #LF520
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Backdrop Landscape Die, #LF1502
Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up Die, #LF1611
Lawn Fawn Leafy Tree Backdrop Landscape Die, #LF1237
Lawn Fawn Happy, Happy, Happy Add On Dies, #LF1479
Lawn Fawn Starry Skies Dies, #LF1377
Distress Oxide Inks in Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch
Echo Park Paper, Hocus Pocus Kit by Leah Riordan, #HP91016
Frantic Stamper Brooklyn Alphabet, #FRA-DIE-10415
Wink of Stella in Clear
Watercolor Paper, Strathmore 500 Series, Ready Cut Watercolor Paper 
Zig Clean Color Markers
Water Brush in various sizes
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

Whew, that is some product list! I have been making these little critters and dressing them in costume for about 2 months now; I wanted to use as many cuties that I could and, believe it or not, I actually have quite a few left over!  I've had a bunch of the sets I've used for a while but, like the Pivot Pop-Up, I just haven't had the chance to use them.  All the coloring and dressing up the critters was SO much fun and I feel the loss of having a big project going already. Enough of that; let's get to how I made the card.

I began with a plain A2 card; most of my cards are A2 sized and if I make one that is a different size I typically note it so you will know.  This card was made  
The paper after being colored
from regular, run-of-the-mill, white card because I knew I was going to color it with Oxide Inks but not use water so the base didn't need to be watercolor paper.  I covered the top and the entire inside of the card with Shaded Lilac, then used Wilted Violet, finishing up with a bit of Blueprint Sketch.  I also colored a scrap piece of white card at the same time.  I know from experience if you don't color 
at the same time all the components of whatever you're making, it's almost impossible {at least for me} to get the same look on everything.  I let the ink set for a bit and buffed it with a dry paper towel.  

As I said, I've been coloring and dressing these critters for quite a while.  All the animals and costume pieces are stamped on watercolor paper, colored with Zig Clean Color Markers and once dry, die cut.  I ran out of costumes and started using some other items to give them some new costumes; you will see some of those eventually I'm sure!  Now back to the construction of the card.  

I cut with the Stitched Hillside die twice, once from black card and once from
The sparkle!
dark brown card.  The black cut out was used on the inside of the card; I took the brown one and trimmed away the frame so I had just the hills.  Then I cut the Leafy Tree once out of black card and cut the hills inside that frame.  I used those cuts for the front of the card.  To add a bit more pizzazz, I covered the frame and the tree with clear Wink of Stella.


Working on the inside of the card next, I cut a bunch of stars out of glitter card and mirror card.  I placed them on the top, inside of the card as I wanted that to be my Halloween eve sky.  I started choosing-and-placing the costumed animals on the hills that I had glued to the bottom inside of the card but, since I wasn't sure about what the actual mechanics of the card were going to take, I didn't glue any of the critters on the inside at that point.

This being my first Pivot Pop-Up card, I watched the video that Lawn Fawn made to introduce the die and explain how to use the die correctly.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to put the lettering I was planning onto the part that pivots out or how much space I'd have above and below the pivot.  I won't go into construction details of the mechanics of the Pivot Pop-Up as Lawn Fawn has done an excellent job {as always! Their videos make me feel as if I'm hanging out with Kelly and she is showing just me her newest goodies!} explaining the process.  You can check out the video on YouTube here or the Lawn Fawn site here.  I made the panels out of the extra white card I'd colored with the Oxide Distress Inks and the pivot mechanism out of black card.  It was a lot easier than I
The front of the card
thought it would be - very typical of me to give something I've never done so much power and convince myself I'll never be able to do it {it's that little self depreciating voice we've discussed before.}  I do so much better when I just jump in and try it than wait and get myself in a tizzy.  Anyway, I made the Pivot Pop-Up and cut the letters to spell out Halloween.  I attached the letters to the panels and cut the word Happy out of black card.  Luckily, I left just enough room to put it at the side of Halloween {I had originally planned to put it elsewhere, but the Pivot wouldn't allow it.}   


After letting that dry, I set up my animals and glued them down on the front and on the inside of the card.  That could have taken me another few days if I let it but having a deadline helped rush the process a little bit.   And the card was complete!  I have to admit, I'm very proud of how the card is put together and I'm actually OK with the animals all being where they are {more proof that I need to ignore that little voice.}  I hope you like the card, too.  

I hope you and yours have a wonderfully spooky and not too scary Halloween! I've invited my neighbor to come and sit with us to give out candy; I hope it isn't too chilly!  Thanks for all of your kind comments and support ~ Fondly, Christi           

PS: We laughed ourselves silly, gave out handfuls of candy & had a great time!

I would like to enter my Happy Halloween Pivot Card in the following challenges:
Watercooler Wednesday - #194, Anything Goes {graphic below}
Scrapy Land - #100 - Anything Goes w/ Dies
Die Cuttin' Divas - #393,  Anything Goes
Stamp, Ink, Paper - #174, Trick or Treat
Cuttlebug Mania - A Critter's Halloween
Art Impressions - Lots of Layers {graphic below}
Sweet Stampers - #25, Autumn or Halloween
Sunny Day Crafting - Anything Goes w/ Animals
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Dies R Us - Use Stitched Dies {I used LOTS!}





10 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love all the fun details! You did use a lot of stamp sets! Love the kitty with the mask and cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrapy Land. Hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable creation! I love the darling little animals! Super cute Halloween card!
    Thanks for joining us in the 100th Challenge at Scrapy Land!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love an interactive card and you’ve. Related a beautiful one. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun card, Christi! Being interactive is an extra bonus! Love all those great little animals enjoying themselves! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so wonderful and cute.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a fun card Christi! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Stitched Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Halloween project...so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Halloween project! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)