Followers

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Sending Hugs and Prayers. . .

A friend in one of the many Facebook groups has had to put her husband, who she has been with for 48 years, into Hospice.  When asked what we, as a group, could do for her, she requested cards.  This is the one I made for her:



What I Used to Make my Card:
Vanilla Card Base
Watercolor Paper
Zig Clean Color Markers
Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers Stamp, #SSS101826
Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Sympathy, #DC183
Hero Arts Pink Tourmaline Ink {only available in the MMH December 2017 kit}
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Pink Cardstock
Sequins {from stash}

I began by stamping the flowers onto a panel of watercolor paper using black ink.  Then I colored the flowers using my Zig Clean Color Markers.  Once the flowers were colored, I sorted through my papers to find one that matched the flowers, then cut the word "prayers" using the die included in the Stamp & Cut set.

Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment using the Bubble Gum ink, placed various sequins around the card, {I used some clear, pink, and white sequins} and the card was finished.  I am very pleased with how the card came out and I hope that it brings some joy to her and her family.

I am awful at making sympathy cards.  I never know what to say, what to write, what colors to use; I generally work myself into a frenzy of complete and utter self doubt.  I tried something new making this one.  I chose a pretty stamp and
Another Look
just went with what felt right.  Since the recipient is a card maker herself, {and honestly, one of the most creative people I know} I worried about every little mistake I made.  Then I realized that she wouldn't be scrutinizing my card; she'd be gaining comfort that someone felt enough for her that they took the time to make it.  I really need to concentrate on that rather than the imperfections.  After all, when I get a card that someone has sent me, I KNOW what that person did; I know the concern, self doubt, the traps we set up for ourselves.  And I just enjoy the card.  I don't look for mistakes.  I feel happy and loved.  That is going to be my thing for 2019.  Enjoy the process and know I am going to make someone happy.  Isn't that what life is all about?


Thank you for stopping by to view my card.  I appreciate every one of you! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Sending Hugs and Prayers card in the following challenges:
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - M, #108 - Use Dies and/or Punches
The Flower Challenge - #25, Add Sparkle
The Artistic Stamper - M, Inktober {and happy 8th Blogaversary!}
Dream Valley Challenges - #188, Flowers
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Scrapy Land - #99, Anything Goes w/ A brand they carry {Hero Arts}
Make It, Take It - M, Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge -  Anything Goes
Just Add Ink - #430, Inspirational Challenge, graphic below
Inkspirational Challenge - #171, Word Prompt - Comfort {graphic below}
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - M, Anything Goes {graphic below}






10 comments:

  1. Christi, your post made me quite teary, so emotional and beautiful words to remember. I too am very self critical so thank you for putting things into perspective. Yes sympathy cards are hard but by going with it, you created something beautiful. Thank you sooooo much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gorgeous card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Colour Crazy! Hope to see you again!
    ~ GDT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sympathy cards are so very difficult to create but you did a beautiful job creating this one. The flowers and the sentiment will sure provide comfort for your dear friend.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vert petty card. Thanks for joining us Scrapy Land Challenge 99.

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from flower challenge, a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sympathy card! It's always so hard to make sympathy cards.
    Surely your card will bring comfort to the recipient! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful post; a gorgeous card. Like you, I'm not fond of making sympathy cards, for many of the reasons you mention. Always worried they'll be 'wrong' somehow. Your decision to go with what felt right has lead to a stunning card that is absolutely perfect to comfort your friend. Thank you for sharing this 'infused with love' card in the INK gallery.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)