Followers

Monday, October 29, 2018

A Hero Arts Spooky Labels Halloween

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I'm not exactly a huge fan of digital stamps.  My discomfort working with digital stamps was a big reason I applied for the Design Team at a2z Scrapbooking; they are THE source for Hero Arts Digital Stamps.  You can't buy them anywhere else!


Following this month's theme of "Frightfully Fun," I used the digital set from Hero Arts called Spooky Labels. Here is my card:



What I Used to Make my Card:
Lime Green Card Base
Hero Arts Spooky Halloween Labels Digital Set, #DK110
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen, #S5-025
Carta Bella Haunted House Paper Pad, #CBHH71015
White Card
Glitter Bat Sticker {Dollar Store}

For this card, I also broke out of my comfort zone with color.  Typically, for me, Halloween means black and orange; it's only been a few years since I've been able to incorporate purple!  Using this lime green card base is completely different for me.  But I figure why not go all the way out of my comfort zone; why just go out a little?

The first step for me was using Word to open the digital stamps.  A team mate of mine at a2z Scrapbooking shared a fabulous tutorial she found on how to use digi stamps in Word.  I followed that and I came up with my image.  I even isolated the spider web, which has more to it in the set, and got it to peek out of the corner of my label.  I probably won't ever be able to do it again!  I changed the color of the striped design and my sentiment, then printed the design on regular white card.
Another View

I set to work looking for the perfect background paper, which I found in an old set from Carta Bella.  Next I went through all my shapes dies {and I have a LOT of them} and found the Spellbinders set that I used to cut out the digital stamp and the background paper.  After I put all the elements together, the card still looked plain to me.  What do cardmakers do when something looks plain?  We add glitter; well, in this case, I added a glittery bat sticker.  I think the bat definitely makes this card better!  I've decided that if I want to continue playing with digital stamps, I need to invest in a better printer.  I need one that will print in waterproof ink and I've heard that laser printers work the best.  What do you think?  Do you use digital stamps?  I'd rather hear from you than a bunch of reviewers that I don't know.

You still have a few days to play at the a2z Scrapbooking October Challenge and
Sparkly Bat
if you use a Hero Arts and/or Sugar Tree product and get chosen as the winner, you'll receive a $20 gift certificate to the store!  You don't have to use 
Hero Arts and/or Sugar Tree, but why not?  If you don't have any Hero Arts {which I can't even imagine!} or Sugar Tree products, you can get a 15% discount at the a2z Scrapbooking store by using code CHRISTI15.  It's a win-win if you ask me. So drag out those Halloween stamps, or open up those digis, and get creating! We'd love to see you there! 


If this is your first time here, why not subscribe so you don't miss one of my spectacularly funny and informative posts?  You can even follow me on multiple social media platforms; all the info and links are on the right hand side.  I appreciate your visit and read every one of the comments left for me.  I'm terrible at commenting on comments, but I'd love to visit your blog and leave you your own bloggy love! Have a very Happy Halloween!
I am entering my Spooky Labels card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - M, Halloween or Autumn
My Time to Craft - Halloween and/or Cats
Crafty Catz - Halloween
Daring Cardmakers - Go Glitter {the bat is VERY glittery!}
Try it On Tuesday - Halloween
Crafty Gals Challenges - M, Halloween
Cardz for Galz - Let's go Digital

10 comments:

  1. Great design, fabulous Halloween colours, the little glitterybat is the perfect embellishment.
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Halloween colours, thank you for sharing your super card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Halloween card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Halloween colours - A fab card! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Try it On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! You have captured Halloween wonderfully with the colours and dies that you used 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your glittery bat and such a fun and colourful card. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sparkly take on a Halloween-theme (as I love the spooky season...)
    Thanks for sharing this with the Daring Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simple yet very effective style. Great card. So pleased you shared with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you visit us again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)