Followers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peace Card


Going through my many, many decorative papers, I found this one sheet from BasicGrey called Figaro from the Capella collection.  When I searched for this paper at BasicGrey, it was listed as discontinued which is a shame as the pattern is so pretty.  I saw this paper and decided I wanted to make a holiday card with it as I am trying to stay away from the typical holiday colors.

What I used to make this card:

  • Medium Brown card base
  • Small square of gold cardstock
  • Small square of olive cardstock
  • Layer of Figaro Paper from BasicGrey
  • Embossing Ink
  • Moon Glow 2 Toned Embossing Powder in Twilight Bronze Slate (Lindy’s Gang)
  • Peace stamp from set, manufacturer unknown

First, I stamped my Peace stamp in embossing ink on the olive cardstock and embossed it with the Moon Glow powder.  

                       Here is the Moon Glow Embossing powder in Twilight Bronze
                            Slate. To me, in real life, there is a touch more slate blue 
                                                  than this picture shows.

 Here is a view of the BasicGrey Figaro paper I used.  The paper has some beautiful tones of olive green, light aqua blue and many shades of brown.  Of course, the camera couldn't capture the true richness of the paper.

I trimmed the sentiment and layered it on a small piece of heavy weight gold cardstock.  Then I cut a piece of the Figaro paper to layer onto the medium brown base card.  I adhered the layered sentiment onto the decorative paper and then attached that to the base card.
 
Here is the finished card.  I had to take the picture with a bit of a tilt to it in order to get the embossed sentiment to photograph correctly.
I really like the color combination of the papers and if I had more of the Basic Grey designer paper, I’d make more of these cards.  But, who knows what my stash hides –I may find another piece or two!

Thank you for reading this short tutorial and I hope you enjoyed the card!
Blessings!

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

DL.ART - Challenge #123, Christmas 
Inspired By - Challenge #100, Inspired by Image (see blog) 
Our Creative Corner - Challenge - A Very Vintage Christmas
Kaboodle Doodes - Challenge #201 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
Flonzcraft - Challenge - Cold & Frosty Colours
BasicGrey Challenges - Challenge #109 - Cold & Frosty

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card I like the BG paper
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #123 Christmas challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Christi and just perfect for our theme this month, thanks so much for sharing with us at FlonZcraft Vintage Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)