Followers

Monday, December 10, 2018

A Meowy Christmas To All

I love cats. I have five fabulous felines and they are the loves of my life.  Since I can't possibly get any more cats {well, I could, but I'd need a better paying job!}, I collect cat stamps and I have since I began stamping a long, long, time ago.  The set I used to make this card is one of my new favorites; I mean, who wouldn't want a Christmas tree full of cats? A Catmas tree!!  Here is my design team entry for Not Just Cards - why not link up one of your holiday creations and join us?


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Scrap White Card
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Mama Elephant Oh Kitty Tree stamps
Mama Elephant Oh Kitty Tree dies
Zig Clean Color Markers
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens, Stardust Set
Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

I have to tell you, I couldn't remember if I posted this card or not. I made it a few months ago and I looked through my blog posts to see if I had posted the card, couldn't find it, but I still wasn't sure.  To keep track of the products I use when I am making something, I have a notebook where I write the card name and then the items I used to create the card or project. I couldn't find the list in my book.  Now I KNOW I made the card because it's sitting right here in front of me.  For me not to write down something, even if I only get as far as the stamps and dies I've used, is not like me.  This card was a mystery.  I asked my friend who helps me with my blog if she'd seen the card before, and I checked my pictures.  Turns out I'd taken a few pictures, but the card wasn't ever posted.  Lucky you, I figured it out!  I can tell what I used by looking at the card and I know I started this one by stamping the Catmas tree on a panel of watercolor paper, then I colored in the cats, and cut out the tree.  The tree looked lost when I placed it onto the white card base, so I used a scrap piece of white card and inked it up with a light coat of Hickory Smoke just to give the tree something to be "on."

I stamped the sentiment onto the inked panel, then attached the Catmas tree to the panel, the panel to the card, and I have this adorable card.  I am in love with the cats that Mama Elephant puts out and I am so happy I got this set {I got it as soon as I saw it - I just could not help myself.}  I have a few other cards in the works using this same set and you will be seeing them soon.  Do you have a system for keeping track of what you've posted on your blog, or Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, or any of the other social medias?  How do you know when a card, or project has been "done"?  In addition to my book, I used to keep my cards in separate piles by my computer, but my little, fat, black, cat, Mew, has decided I actually put them there for her to chew, so that system was abandoned.  Now I keep them out of her immediate reach; she's too lazy to figure out how she can get to them, thank goodness!  I hope you enjoyed my post for Not Just Cards! Thanks for stopping by and reading my post; I truly appreciate it!  I'd love it if you'd drop me a comment so I can come and see your blog and share some blog love with you!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Meowy Christmas card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Warm Winter Wishes
Papercraft Challenges - #26, Winter, Wintertime
Show Us Your Pussies - #37, Anything Goes with Cats
Coloring in Scrapland - Anything Goes - Option - Christmas
Winter Wonderland - End of Year Anything Christmas Goes
Crimbo Crackers - #173, Anything Goes
Christmas Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas Goes
The Little Red Wagon - #475 House Pets
Card Mania Challenge - #111, Christmas
Stampin Sensations - Winter Sparkle {the little ornaments really do sparkle!}
Archi-scraps - Anything Christmas
Do-Al(l) Creative - #24, Christmas/New Years Eve/New Years Day
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #21, Anything Goes with a Critter
Merry Little Christmas Blog - #5, Anything Christmas Goes
Inkspirational - #175, Designers Choice, Anything Christmas



24 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love all their different purr-sonalities, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile! Great card and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous work on this! How totally adorable. So glad you shared at Archiscraps this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cat tree… Amazing! Wonderful Christmas card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.
    Please keep in mind that you have to be a follower in order to win the prize. When you already following us everything is fine.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#24 –Christmas or New year}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#24 – Christmas tree}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {on break till January 2019 }
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your festive felines do indeed look fabulous. Thank you for joining us in our 'Winter Sparkle' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Warm Winter Wishes, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! The image is so cute and your colouring so precise and blended to perfection. I do like the shading around the edge. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smile... what a super cute creation!!! It makes me smile!!!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    *GDT* Die Kreativtanten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahhhh! This cat lover is in love with your cat tree!! I've never seen that stamp before! Such a fantastic card!

    Thanks for joining our "Purrs and Wags" challenge at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaw, just look at all of those adorable kitties! Such a cute kitty tree! I really like seeing how you coloured them all differently! I love this card! Happy Holidays to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious and Purr-fect!!! SO very cute. Love the way you colored all the different cats. Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this card. Dale (DT at Archiscraps)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet :D
    Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute catmas card ! I love cats too and this pile of them is adorable. Gorgeous colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Papercraft Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I do love you card and I also love cats. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card!thank you for joining us in the Colouring in Scrapland challenge and good luck! Marisol DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is SO fun! Gorgeous CAS card design! Sweet Christmas image and such a fab CAS card design. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. It looks so festive and fun!! Do come and play along again this month too. Happy crafting, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeeee ! That is delightful. :-D I LUV that stamp. You coloured the kitties so well. I have 23 cats.... 12 in the house and the others I feed in the garden :-D
    Thank you very much for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Meowy Christmouse
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous image! Great card, love it! Thank you for sharing it with us for our Winter Sparkle challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhh I love that stamp set! Have wanted it ever since it came out months ago. Great card with it! Thank you for joining us over on the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful creation!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
    Sorry for the late comment.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what an adorable card! Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow:)
    It's wondrfull card witf funny cats:)
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)