Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Autumn Blessings

While the last of the leaves get blown off the trees and we begin to prepare for snow, I thought at least one more autumn card was needed.  I love creating with fall colors and this card was really fun to make.


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Simon Says Stamp Thanks & Leaves stamp set, #SSS101894
Various Autumn Colors of Ink {I used Hero Arts Ink}
Lindy's Gang Embossing Powder in Tannenbaum Green Gold
Embossing Ink
Simon Says Stamp Autumn Greetings stamp set, #SSS101637
MFT/Die-Namics Stitched Oval STAX, #MFT-0152
Dimensional Dots
Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform

This was a fairly easy card once I was able to stamp the background without messing it up.  Even with the stamp platform, I struggled with getting ink where I didn't want it, but I think that had more to do with the fact it was really late and I was tired.  Who knows why I do that to myself, but I do!  I know crafting late and/or when I am tired is a disaster waiting to happen, yet I do it anyway.  I'll probably never learn.  Anyway, I trimmed the background down a bit and layered it onto a white card base.

Once I got the background done, I went through my stamps and dies and choose a sentiment stamp and a shaped die.  None of the word dies I have really fit the card and they took up too much room.  After what I'd been
AnotherPeek
through, I wanted people to see that background!  Plus, I really like it.  I settled on using Autumn Blessings and a new embossing powder I just got.  I embossed the sentiment and then cut it out with the stitched oval die.  I finished the card off with adding dimensional dots to the back of the sentiment to pop it up.  I used tall dots so it really sticks out.  


I personally don't subscribe to the craziness of this time of year, of course not having little ones {or big ones for that matter} helps.  The cats don't ask for anything that they don't regularly get so I don't have any pressure to buy gifts.  The few gifts I do give out I make by hand and I'll be sharing a few of them here next month.  I hope you take some time out for yourself to enjoy the true spirit of this upcoming season.  It's not about presents, or how much you can afford to buy {your teenagers may vehemently disagree.}   To me it's about enjoying the gifts that you already have in your life.  And you, dear reader, are a gift to me.  Thanks so much for reading my post; please don't forget to leave me a comment or just a hello!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Autumn Blessings Card in the following challenges:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)