Followers

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Home for the Holidays with Hero Arts

Since winter is still here, I wanted to share this winter wonderland card I created using the Home for the Holidays set from Hero Arts.  It's my last entry in the Winter Wonderland challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.  If you look closely, you can see the sparkle on the card and I accomplished my goal of creating my own Winter Wonderland!  There is a bit more time left in the challenge, so why not link up your own Winter Wonderland creation? 

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Hero Arts Home for the Holidays Stamp Set, #CM282 {you can special order from the store}
Hero Arts Home for the Holidays Die Set, #DI556 {you can special order from the store}
White Shimmer, Gray and White Cardstock
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Markers
Sue Wilson Mini Expressions Warmest Wishes die, #CEDME018
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Backdrop, Landscape, #LF1502
Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink in Fern Green and Potting Soil
Hero Arts Ink in Intense Black, #AF345
Stickles in Stardust

I wanted a charming landscape for my houses so I began this card with the backdrop which I cut from white card.  I had found this grayish white, almost speckled paper {it almost looks like vellum to me} in my stash and decided to use that for my sky.  I added some Stickles snowflakes to the sky as well.  It's difficult to see in the pictures, but there is glittery snow on the houses and trees.  I stamped all of the houses on watercolor paper, colored them using Zig Clean Color Markers and, when they were fully dry, used the coordinating dies to cut them.  I stamped the trees with colored ink on scrap card and cut them out as well.  I wanted the card to look a bit old fashioned so I colored the houses lightly to give a Norman Rockwell feel to the card.
Another Look

Even though this is a Christmas set, you could essentially use the houses without snow {like the cabin} any time of year.  I think sending a card after the holiday "rush" is almost better than getting a holiday card.  Like getting a present out of the blue.  In order to compose the scene, I cut the hillside backdrop and the sentiment both out of white shimmer card.  I placed the houses and trees in various places on the backdrop and the sentiment in the top right hand corner.   As I am looking at the card now I think perhaps I should have made some smoke come out of the chimneys to add a bit more warmth.  What do you think?  Regardless, this setting is definitely a Winter Wonderland to me.  I can picture a roaring fireplace inside the homes, the families gathered around it drinking hot cocoa, all  warm and snug in their flannel pajamas.  Sounds really good to me! I hope you get some inspiration from my card and perhaps compose your own Winter Wonderland to enter into this month's challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.  If you need some supplies, feel free to use my discount code CHRISTI15 at the a2z Scrapbooking store to get 15% off your order of any size, even special orders!  Thank you so much for dropping by, it's been nice to share the end of the year {can you believe it!?!} with you and I hope you will continue to pop in ~ Fondly, Christi

I would like to enter my Home for the Holidays card in the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - M, Winter {graphic below}
Country View Challenges - M, Christmas
The Artistic Stamper - Christmas {entry 2}
Ellibelle's Creative Moments - Christmas
Double D Challenges - Let it Snow {graphic below}
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Crimbo Crackers - #174, Anything Christmas Goes



10 comments:

  1. Oh Christi this is just awesome ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Let It Snow’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great scene, thanks so much for joining in with our December Christmas challenge over at Country View x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and cozy! I would love to live in that charming neighborhood. As for the smoke from the chimneys... maybe nobody's home. They all went away for the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and homey design, I love it! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Let It Snow Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi YOU WON ON ARCHISCRAPS. Please get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a great scene! Thank you for entering the Crimbo Crackers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful winter scene! Love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Karen Bull, a design team member with A Blog Named Hero. This is a wonderful creation - thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)