Followers

Friday, December 7, 2018

Nutty or Nice with Lawn Fawn & Simon Says Stamp

Every September STAMPtember Simon Says Stamp releases some fabulous sets that are collaborations between them and some of our favorite stamp companies.  The catch is you only have a limited time to purchase these sets!  I was lucky to nab one of these adorable, limited edition, sets {there is always a chance that the set will be released again later; let's hope!}



What I Used to Make my Card:
Vanilla Card Base
Lawn Fawn/Simon Says Stamp Nutty or Nice? bundle, #LF1766
Lawn Fawn Leafy Tree Backdrop, Landscape, #LF1237
Lawn Fawn Snowfall Backdrop, Landscape #LF1802
Lawn Fawn Say What? Christmas Critters stamp set, #LF1778
White and Brown Cardstock
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Markers
MFT/Die-Namics Stitched Circle STAX
Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pens
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

To make this card, the first step was to stamp and color all the critters on watercolor paper.  Once they were dry, they were cut out using the matching dies.  Then I stamped the ornaments on white card, colored them with Gelly Roll pens and cut them out.  Since the ornaments are on the tiny side, I find it easier to use the gel pens than try to watercolor them.

Making up the scene is the most fun for me!  I decided to use the Snowy Backdrop die and the Leafy Tree Backdrop to make my holiday scene.  I attached the Leafy Tree to the Snowy backdrop and then layered that onto a vanilla card base.  I wanted you to be able to see the snow but not make it a distraction and layering the white card onto vanilla gives the snow just a hint of color.
Another Peek

Lastly, I finished the scene with the squirrels putting the nose onto the snowman.  I love that one squirrel is standing on the other's head; I have a major squirrel population around my home and I swear I've seen them do this trying to get at the bird feeder.  I also put one squirrel up in the tree hanging the ornaments.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment, used the stitched circle die to cut it out, and placed it onto the card in the top right corner.

I love these little animals!  Most of Lawn Fawn's critters go together; meaning I can use these squirrels with any other squirrels like the ones in Cheery Christmas {a set I just got!}  I just can't get enough of these sets but I'm sure I will be able to feed my addiction for years to come!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits as I know your time is valuable, especially this time of year. ~ Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Dragonfly Journeys - Handmade Holiday Magic
Creative Friday - #220, Christmas Animals
CARDZ TV - #77, Anything Goes
Lawn Fawnatics - #42, Winter Holiday {graphic below}
Stamp, Ink, Paper - #179, Holidays {graphic below}
Papercraft Challenges - #26, Wintertime
Muse Challenge - #293, Free for All 
Cards in Envy - The Spirit of Christmas
Muse Christmas Visions - #114, Free for All
Moving Along with the Times - #86, Anything Christmas
Time Out Challenges - #124, Joyful {graphic below}
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Ho Ho Holiday {graphic below}




15 comments:

  1. I'm loving this little winter scene you created! It's so cute! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and what a great winter scene. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS design Christi

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT

    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, so cute, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet scene, Christi ... those cute little critters sure look as though their wonderfully joyful, playing with their snowman friend! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable Holiday scene you've created Christi! Those little squirrels are soooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Holidays Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun little scene! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the Image is sooo cute on this winter Scene! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
    Happy Crafting
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely winter scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Card.... Thanks for joining in our Creative Friday Challenge.
    Bye Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a super adorable Christmas card! LOVE your design! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha! those squirrels are so cute! love them playing and building that snowman! so fun! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute scene ! funny and tender ! like the snowy background

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christi! This is just the sweetest and I adore all of those little critters. Thanks so much for joining my month long Handmade Holiday Magic blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)