Followers

Friday, October 29, 2021

You are Spooktacular!

Hi everyone! This card was made with an older Lawn Fawn set and even though it's older, I think it's an adorable stamp set {the set was released in 2014!!}.  You can still buy this set from Lawn Fawn, or any place that sells their products but I was lucky to find the stamps and the dies on one of my de-stashing FaceBook groups.  

 

I started out stamping the bats on standard white cardstock, then filled in the background using the candies and stars from the Spooktacular set.  I left the bats black and white, coloring the other items with some Copic markers.  I trimmed the background and attached it to a white card with dimensional dots.  I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink I used on the background, Gina K's Amalgam ink in Obsidian on white card, cut it out with Stitched Rectangle Dies from Memory Box and layered it onto dark purple card which I then trimmed as well.  I have to take a moment and talk about this Amalgam ink - it is the only ink I have found that can be used for both water coloring and alcohol marker coloring.  Granted, if I am going to watercolor, I typically stamp on this watercolor paper, so it isn't as if I don't know what medium I will be using as I am making a card, but it takes out that little bit of worry wondering if the ink I have used will smear once I am coloring it.  The color is vibrant and the price point is right in line with most inks.  So I attached the sentiment to the card with dimensional dots as well, finishing the card off with some sequins I had in my stash and Stickles in the color Cosmic.  Stay tuned as I have another card I made using the same stamp set on the way.

While this card is a bit more juvenile than I typically make I am very pleased with how colorful and cheerful it looks.  I tend to lean towards the darker side of Halloween, so this was a nice break from the spookier side of the holiday. However, a friend did say to me that she feels things don't come much scarier than this overload of cuteness - fear not, the dark side is on the way :) Thanks for stopping by! Christi  

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Lawn Fawnatics, #111 - Coffee, Tea & Treats {I used LOTS of Treats!}
Creative Knockouts, #425 - Anything Goes
Funkie Junkie Challenge - Grunge, Ghouls or Giggles {entry 2}
Creative Moments, #225 - Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - Halloween Inspired
Retro Rubber, #170 - Fallin' for Autumn




11 comments:

  1. Aww!! this is the cutes little bats, perfectly aligned, love how you fill the space with very colorful Halloween treats.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the bad grammar, sheeesh!!
      It should read "Aww!! these are the cutest little bats..."
      XO
      Maria.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous repeat stamping of the cute bats, love the way you've used the candy corn and stars to fill in, too! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You created such a wonderful pattern! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute ... I love the pops of colour from the treats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super fun Halloween card! thank you so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the little candy corn. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I love the batty background. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Halloween card! Love how you lined them up on your card. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to make Halloween so cute Christi. I love the colours you've chosen to add those little pops across the design. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)