Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Little Romance ~

I am once again delving into the abyss of abandoned papers that I have, specifically my vellums.  I am sure I got this vellum when a girlfriend of mine went through her crafty stash and sent me all her goodies - stuff too good to throw out, but that she didn't feel like selling.  Needless to say, I have had this vellum for years, honestly, I was sort of hoarding it because it really is beautiful and I was saving  it.  For what you ask? Apparently right now!


How I Made My Card:
Pink Card Base
Patterned Vellum
Colorbox Alchemy Petal Point Pad 
Silver Cardstock
Lovers Stamp from Renaissance Art, now Stamp Francisco
Pink Panel & square
Silver Brads
Pop Dots

When I decided to use this vellum, my first concern was how was I going to show people how pretty this vellum is? Knowing how much FUN it was to photograph vellum, I decided to mat it on a pink panel to hopefully pick up and bring out the pink flowers in the pattern. So I cut a panel of cardstock to mount onto a card and attached the vellum to it with silver brads.

You can see the pattern here, but it isn't sparkly
I then stamped the couples stamp on a square of that same pink card, using the silver ink pad from the Alchemy Petal Point.  I matted the pink square on a silver one and set it aside.  In retrospect I should of used a white card base, but, since I had the pink on my desk, I made the card base out of the same pink as the panel.  No biggie, I just attached the small square to the panel using pop dots, and then attached the panel to the card base.

I truly wish I could show all of you this card in person - it is much prettier than the photos show.  It is SO difficult to capture shimmer, couple that with the delicate vellum pattern, and it's like photographing a vampire.  If you'd like a closer look, just click on the photo and it should get bigger (if it doesn't please let me know!).  I sincerely hope you enjoyed my tutorial and the fact that I actually used pink ~ fondly, Christi
This picture shows the sparkle more
I would like to enter my A Little Romance card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More - #173 Anything Goes
In The Pink - #85, Anything Goes w/ Pink
Allsorts - #346, Girly & Sparkly
Glitter 'n Sparkle - #171, Monochrome
Crafting for all Seasons - #117, Monochrome
Avenue 613 - #159, Anything Goes w/ a twist of Stylish and Elegant card
The Artistic Stamper - (M) - Anything Goes
DL ART - (M) January Linky Party Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper - (M) Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. Pink!!! I'm amazed to see pink here!!! No wonder you had to go out specially to buy one sheet of it. It totally works with that lovely vellum, and reminds me just how many sheets of "too nice to use" vellum must be lurking in my stash
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jane - it my readers only knew. . . .Oh I have SO many papers, vellums and what not that is "too nice" - mmmmm future challenge?! xoxoxo Christi

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Christi & that vellum is beautiful :o)
    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I'm just happy I could get a good picture of it :)

      Delete
  3. Christi, thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! I've just returned the favor:) Blessings, Carrie Sheridan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie!!! You are my 100th follower!! WOO HOO!! I think this call for some blog candy, don't you?? :)

      Delete
  4. Christi, this is a beautiful card. Your design is really pretty and I love how you have used the vellum.
    Thank you for joining us this time at In The Pink.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christi. What a beautiful and creative card design. Love the details. colors and awesome techniques.Thanks for your entry in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh la la..this is certainly a card filled with romance! The vellum, pink, shimmer and fabulous image...so incredibly pretty! Thank you for sharing your *Anything Goes* design in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color combo and how you used the vellum - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely the vellum really stands out fantastic colours
    thanks for joining glitternsparkle
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much prettier in person - thank you Lynne :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the effect of the vellum. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you back soon.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card design. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create Challenges.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card !! Thank you for playing with us at the Artistic Stamper's January challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)