Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Illegal, Immoral, Fattening or too Expensive

 My wonderful sister who lives in Florida has been going through a rough time and I thought I'd send her a care package. Can't send a care package without a card (especially since I make cards!) so I whipped up this card:
What I Used to Make my Card:
Newton's Nook, Newton's Antics Stamp Set
Newton's Nook, Newton's Antics Die Set
White Cardstock Base (4" x 4" - it had to fit in the box)
Designer Paper, brown with gold flourishes
Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy
Hampton Art - Hot Fudge Studio - PS0806, Everything I like. . . (Disc. but available)
Derwent Inktense Water Color Pencils
Dove Blender Pen
Pop Dots

I had already had the adorable kitties stamped, colored and cut from a coloring session I had a while back.  I am SO in love with Newton's Nook stamps, I go to the website so often to just drool, I hope they don't think I'm stalking them. OK, back to the card - I had just gotten the Hampton Art sentiment stamp and I think it is so funny, it fits my sense of humor perfectly, and I knew it would give my sister a giggle.  I cut my card base to 4" x 4" so it would fit in the little box I was sending. I found this old, old, OLD designer paper in my stash (I have NO idea where I got it from - I purchased it back in the day when stamping stores sold paper in large sheets for book makers) and decided to use it as a background.  I then stamped the sentiment on a piece of white card, trimmed it down, and pop dotted the cats above the sentiment.

Glued it all together and threw it in the box.  The picture above shows the gold sparkly flourishes - I like that they aren't too flashy - and they pep up the neutrals I used on the card.
I can't wait to hear what she has to say when she sees this!! I'm diving right in to the New Year, looking forward to all the new goodies at CHA and determined to meet some of my crafting goals.  I hope you and yours have a fabulous New Year ~ Hugs! Christi

I would like to enter my "Illegal, Immoral, Fattening or too Expensive" card in the following challenges:
Sisters of Craft (M) - January Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe (M) - January, Square Cards (mine is 4" x 4")
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge (M) - January, Anything Goes w/ Designer Paper
Naughty or Nice Challenges, (M) #23 - Let's get Silly
The ABC Challenge -  Y is for Your Choice
Less is More - #257, Neutrals
QKR Stampede - #127, Feathers & Fur, Entry 2
As You Like It Challenge - Anything Goes
Penny Black & More Challenge (M) - One for the Girls. .
Cards & Scrap - Stamps .





44 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Christi, those kitties are lovely and you've coloured them beautifully. Love the sentiment too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd appreciate that sentiment :) So glad to have you back from your holidays xoxo

      Delete
  2. A real fun card Christi, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. A great sentiment. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Happy New Year. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Just too cute and adorable. Gorgeous neutrals and perfectly coloured.
    Unfortunately we have a limit of 5 challenge link ups including our own at Less is More and I think you may have exceeded that on this occasion. Do hope you'll play along again. Thanks so much. Sarah, Less is More DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO sorry Sarah - I promise to follow the rules next time :(

      Delete
  5. Back again after the happy discovery that you've shared your card with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges (I originally commented after seeing it at LIM), Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what is better than 2 nice comments?? Thank you SO much :)

      Delete
  6. Hmm, is that sentiment silly... or truthful? :D Either way, this is a very cute card! Sweet colouring of the kitties, too. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Christi. I love that sentiment; as it is so true. LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. I struggle with hair coloring all the time. Sometimes I get it right; and sometimes I don't. I appreciate your compliment. I think I might have gotten that one right. LOL! Happy New Year! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes I'd have to say that you got that hair right! Hope to see you soon ~ Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, I am loving the sentiment!!! The kitties are so sweet too! I'm sure your sister will love both the card and the care package!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! Love the cats, and gorgeous sparkly paper too!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the humor in this, Christi, and your simple design is fabulous! I love that you played along in our "Feathers or Fur" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck and I hope to see you playing again in all our future challenges.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NanaConnie - I love humor, especially snarky humor, so I do try to incorporate it into my art - and some stamp companies are getting funnier & Funnier!!!

      Delete
  11. It's great to see you at Less is More but as Sarah says we do have a limit on the number of challenges which may be combined.
    DO join us again and maybe you would like to note that we also like to see lots of lovely white space on submissions to our challenges as we are solely a CLean and Simple challenge.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, such an adorable image.
    Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Pauline
    x
    I am having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heads up!! I love any and all stamping magazines - so much so I hoard them LOL - and thank you for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  13. This is a darling card & so beautifully colored. I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card in neutrals, such a shame your card won't qualify at Less is More as my teamies have mentioned.
    Please do join us again.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so beautiful.♥
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Hugs Line.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, what a brilliant sentiment and fun card, and I just love cats and this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Love this and for some reason I can you telling her this!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card love hte sentiment, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that sentiment--such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta! Sometimes I get lucky in those dollar bins at the craft store :)

      Delete
  20. Aaaah i'm sure your lovely card cheered your sister up and what a fabby sentiment too and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely card, love the kitties and the sentiment, very subtle colouring. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, Best wishes, Anne (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this cat. They are so cute.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)