Followers

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Birds with Twofers Challenge #11


Jane has chosen our theme for TWOFERS this fortnight and it's birds (I can't get the Hitchcock movie out of my head now) and I have chosen to once again use the Bird Crazy set from Tim Holtz.  I had a bunch of birds laying about from my recent coloring excursion so I decided to put them to good use.  Funny, no matter how many I use, they just keep multiplying. . .



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy Stamps, #CMS212
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bird Crazy Die Set, #660954

Dylusions How About Never Set, #DYR48466
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Embossing Folder Snowflake, #660041
Core'dinations Brights - Atoll Aqua
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Distress Ink in Mermaid Lagoon
Various Distress MarkersZig Clean Color Brush Markers & Various Water Color Pencils
Water Brush
Dove Blender Pen
Sander

Truthfully, I had the embossed background paper on my desk already (I was anxious to see the embossing folder at work since I purchased it after the holidays last year and it supposed to be snowflakes), I love that you can sand the Core'dinations papers to get a two toned look, so I sanded this to see the different color blues I could get. Having that piece of paper on my desk, along with all the birds floating around gave me the idea for this card.  

After I sanded the background, lightly so I wouldn't take off all the texture, I began to arrange my birds.  Once I thought that they were in place I stamped and cut out Dyan Reaveley's sentiment - I thought it was PERFECT because it's so true and the birds are so colorful, and this time of year can bring some sadness for so many people - I hope this brightens someones day! I edged the sentiment with some Mermaid Lagoon ink and then I had to rearrange the birds because the sentiment was a bit larger than I had planned.  

So I rearranged them, fit everything where it belonged and glued it all together.  Now it's YOUR turn to enter your bird creations on Twofers ~ you have two whole weeks and you just might win a $20 Gift Certificate from our amazing sponsor

So get the muse humming! Do pop by my design team buds, Jane & Zoe, to get some more inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Birds card into the following challenges:
Creative Corner Challenges - (M) Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - #172, Feathers & Fur
That's Crafty Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - #406 - Anything Goes
Creative Ladybirds Challenge - (M) #11, Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu - (M) Purple Team - Cards to Die For (using Bird Crazy dies)
Crafty Girlz Challenge - (M) #10, Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - #11, Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE it! The sentiment is great, and I love the way one bird is standing on it and another is peering down at it with such a puzzled look on his face. And it's a super colourful card to brighten up these gloomy winter days.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous, a lovely positive message for those doing it tough at the moment.
    I'm in awe of all the steps you take to create it. Love the sanded background finish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam - how sweet of you to come by and take a look at my blog!! I appreciate your generosity, creativity and willingness to share your gorgeous SVG designs :)

      Delete
  3. Those birds are just so crazy-wonderful, Christi! I love that you played along in our "Feathers or Fur" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck and I hope to see you playing again in future challenges.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NanaConnie! I am definately bird crazy LOL :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe I don't have a sander yet! After seeing this - I think it's a necessity. And that sentiment just works so perfectly with the expressions of these birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, it was one of this I didn't think I needed and now that I have it, well, I wonder why I waited so long :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! I see these birds everywhere and I cannot help but smile!! And love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges! Sara DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara - they are SO fun to color and the expressions on their faces as so cute :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome card & so beautifully colored & great design. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Just love those crazy birds! Exellent sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at creative ladybirds creations
    Veronique DT
    Please link up to the specific challenge not to the blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best cards ever with those fabulous birds--love what you did, Christi! The sentiment is great--will brighten someone's day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Greta ~ Thank you, I appreciate your compliment :)

      Delete
  9. Love your card, put a smile on my face...Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting with us at A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge..Hope to see you again soon and good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)