Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Binge Together

Those who binge together, stay together!  When the Man and I first met, I would go to see him in Detroit and there was nothing to do {meaning I couldn't craft} so we'd binge watch TV.  We watched two seasons of Orange is the New Black, countless Law and Order marathons, and much more.  I think you learn a lot about a person by the television shows they watch!  The fact that he had the same sick sense of humor I have had a major impact on our relationship ~ this card is for him!  

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Lawn Fawn Stitched Wood Grain Backdrop, #LF1501
Lawn Fawn Screen Time stamps, #LF1684
Lawn Fawn Screen Time dies, #LF1685
Tutti Designs Cross Stitched Nesting Rectangles, #TUTTI-410
Die-Namics Stitched Oval STAX
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Kraft, Dark Brown, Dotted Red Cardstock {stash}

Once I embossed the kraft paper with the wood grain backdrop {this reminded me of the paneling we had in the living room in the house where I grew up but the wood grain on the die is much nicer than the fake wood grain we had}, I proceeded to design my room.  I've seen quite a few cards featuring this set and the artists have drawn sofas and chair for seating the people - nope.  You probably wouldn't be able to tell WHAT they were sitting on if I tried that, so I decided they were on a beanbag chair which I cut using the oval die and the red card with dots.  You can't really see the dots in the picture, but they are there.  Then I cut the TV stand out of the dark brown card using the rectangle die.  I thought about adding a side table to the bean bag chair but it looked too crowded. 

The figures, television, food, drinks and other accessories were stamped, colored, and cut.  I actually made the male figure holding a soda and a pepperoni pizza, as my Man has been known to do.  I prefer to snack on chips so I made myself a bag of PopCorners chips in the Kettle Corn flavor.  Have you tried these chips yet? They have literally changed my life!  As far as snacks go, they aren't terrible for you; the bag is biodegradable and there all sorts of good reasons to eat them.  I bought a small bag at the Dollar Tree and loved them SO much I began ordering them by the case via Amazon.  If you like Kettle Corn, or sweet and salty snacks, these chips have your name written all over them.  I'd be happy to send you a sample {seriously, they are THAT good.}  Just look on the right side of the blog, find my email and drop me a line. 
Close Up

Back to the card - I attached all the pieces of the scene to the main card and put the little heart bubble above the Man's head since he's thinking how much he loves me since I've gotten him hooked on all kinds of reality television; nothing too fake, no famous-because-they-made-an-x-rated-tape type shows, just competition shows like Hell's Kitchen and some of the Marriage Boot Camp shows so we can giggle.  Oh, and we like American Beauty Star, Project Runway, and he turned me on to Chopped which is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.  For the record, we also watch lots of documentaries so we aren't complete bubble heads.  What shows do you watch? Anything you'd recommend that I should watch?  Leave me a comment, making sure your blog info is available so I can visit your blog and leave you some bloggy love in return!  Hope to see you soon!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Binge Together Card in the following challenges:
Creative with Stamps - M, #35, Love
The Male Room - #104, Love Your Men
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Non-traditional Valentines
Watercooler Wednesday - #208, All About Occasions
Die Cuttin' Diva's - #407, Love
Try it on Tuesday - Romance
Shopping our Stash - #389, Make Your Mark {use markers}






1 comment:

  1. That's a clever and perfect card for you two. My hubby basically doesn't watch TV do no binging together. I just watched the show American Crime Story about Versace. Fun to read a little story with the card info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)